G
grandeorgue
Guest
I know that many parishes also bless throats on the Sunday masses nearest the feast of Saint Blaise (February 2nd). Which Sunday does your church do this at (Before or After Feastday)?
I’ve always liked this special feast day of Saint Blaise. It’s interesting that you remark on only seeing this feast day being observed only two or three times in fifteen years. Not sure how often it is observed through every parish in the United States. In my neck of the woods in Atlantic Canada in my archdiocese this feast day is sadly fading into oblivion.Today is the feast day. Our priest blessed us during Mass this morning.
I only recall our previous priest blessing throats two or three times in the 15 years he was in our parish.
I am glad to see our current priest giving this blessing.
How come your local parish doesn’t do it?My parish in my hometown blesses throats the Sunday after the feast of St. Blase, the parish I attend while in college doesn’t bless throats, and my friend’s college parish in Washington D.C. blesses throats on the feast of St. Blase (they are lucky to have a large attendance every day at daily Mass.)