Until Monday I truly believed I had a 10 week old (from lmp) baby in my tummy… but now, most likely, I see that my baby stopped developing very early… This is my first miscarriage so I just don’t know what to expect…or “why?” ya know… God blessed us with a baby then
took him back :’( any ideas on how to honor this tiny life? I believe this lo was a baby despite what some folks would say… so we are truly grieving this tiny life :’(
My heart goes out to you, bunnykisses.
I have gone through this very thing twice. It is heartbreaking. Some of my friends who lost little ones so early went ahead and named their baby. Early miscarriage tend to be less painful physically…more like a heavy period, except for the moment that you actually pass the baby, which is like a dropping sensation.
A blighted ovum does NOT mean that you did not conceive a baby. Some people will tell you that, but that is not the whole truth. What happens is that there were too many genetic abnormalities for the embryo to develop into a fetus, and the growth stopped and the little one dies.
Be prepared to offer your little one a conditional baptism when he/she comes out. The formula for conditional baptism of a miscarried baby is something like:
“If there is anyone here that can be baptized, then I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
Check with your priest to be sure.
A comforting prayer is the “Prayer after Miscarriage”. It can be found online. Let me know if you cannot find it, and I will transcribe it here for you.
Again, I am so sorry. It is a difficult process to go through this. It is painful. Some people will not understand why you are grieving. But let yourself grieve for the little one you lost. It will help to acknowledge your loss, honor the life of the little one, and be thankful for the short time that you had together as mother and baby.
God bless you. I will pray for you and your husband.