Bob Dylan

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my very favorite musicians and feels like an old friend. He reminds me of those who are ever seeking and I hope he finds Him.
pax vobiscum Bob,

I agree with Church Militant. Dylan does seem like a seeker and he had embraced Christianity at one point but maybe drifted off. I never followed his music during that phase, but his earlier lyrics were always open to the possibility of God and he never seemed to engage in the moronic dismissive attitudes of his peers in the music industry.

At the very least he recognized the value of Biblical references in his songs and that’s one thing that really lifted him above the crowd IMO. All Along the Watchtower comes to mind.

40.png
caroljm36:
I agree with Church Militant. Dylan does seem like a seeker and he had embraced Christianity at one point but maybe drifted off. I never followed his music during that phase, but his earlier lyrics were always open to the possibility of God and he never seemed to engage in the moronic dismissive attitudes of his peers in the music industry.

At the very least he recognized the value of Biblical references in his songs and that’s one thing that really lifted him above the crowd IMO. All Along the Watchtower comes to mind.
One of my favorites as well especially as done by Hendrix.
So much of Dylan’s music is about his internal life and the quest for that relationship with God. He might be the most honest musician out there. I wish I could just sit down over a drink and talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back