P
Peterdiago
Guest
Can you please post a scriptural support (book, chapter and verse) for the doctrine of Sola Scriptura. (Edited by Moderator)
Here, it’s on topic
Here, it’s on topic
I don’t know about this site but on other sites you would have been considered to have just broken the rules.Can you please post a scriptural support (book, chapter and verse) for the doctrine of Sola Scriptura, as you seem unwilling to do anything except say “Look all around you” in the other thread and - when pressed - say it is off-topic?
Here, it’s on topic![]()
So, to translate - you can’t?
If that’s what you want to believe go right ahead. You’ve already proven yourself capable of believing fables.
Really - that is the only conclusion I can draw. It would be one word and two numbers, You could even abbreviate the word. Probably less than 10 keystrokes.
And yet you can’t be bothered to show me the truth, but rather suggest I wade through 73 books and about 3/4 of a million words to find it . . . .
**I already have. It’s not my fault you didn’t listen. **
This does not sound like the actions of a man who wants to teach me the truth, but rather the actions of a man who does not have anything to say and is trying to hide it.
Your posting sounds to me like a man who has nothing better to do but try and provoke someone who has already done what was asked more than one time. Not very Christ-like if you ask me.
Wooo-hoo! A real silver medal? Not those chocolate coins wrapped in tinfoil they give out? Oh, wow! I feel so special!P.S. I regret to inform you that somebody already beat you to the number one spot on my ignore list.
Congratulations though. You won the silver medal.![]()
Don’t worry hoosierdaddy I got your back.
Thank you.
We Catholics don’t accept Sola Scriptura so you will always get flack for asking to prove things from the Bible, as that is your belief system.
I understand. Now, if the Catholic church wrote the Bible wouldn’t they want to place it at the same level of authority as we do?
Since our belief system is older than the New Testament then we have a problem as it is designed differently than yours.
**Even though I disagree with you guys, I am seeing where you are coming from now. **
We see things as coming from Christ which the Bible results from and we understand it from that point of view.
(you can disagree right now, no prob…)
K.
I am pretty sure you see things as the Holy Spirit speaking through us through the Bible.
I do believe the Holy Spirit speaks to us through the Bible. Without the Holy Spirit we could not understand the Bible. However, without Church leaders we still CAN understand the Bible.
We both see it as the Word of God, yet Catholics see offense at the Word of God being taken in this way and non-catholics see offense at maybe Catholics don’t think it is the Word of God.
Oh I understand now why you take offence. But the truth is, you are right. We take offence too. Maybe both sides do love God and are trying to remain faithful to what they understand to be true. Scripture says, “now we see through a glass darkly.”. God bless you.
God Bless
Scylla
Since the Catholic Church wrote the Bible they are really worried about it being misrepresented. This is why we go so nuts over interpretation as we believe that it all has to agree or else truth is compromised.I understand. Now, if the Catholic church wrote the Bible wouldn’t they want to place it at the same level of authority as we do?
Got it?this is what i’m quoting
Hoosier-Thank you for your answer.
You’d be surprised to hear this but I believe there is one correct interpretation as well. I just believe that the Church can interpret it wrongly, and individual people can interpret it correctly and vice versa.
One correct interpretation and many different applications.
even though it was the Church which was given the promise of the guidance of the Holy Spirit…???Thank you for your answer.
You’d be surprised to hear this but I believe there is one correct interpretation as well. I just believe that the Church can interpret it wrongly, and individual people can interpret it correctly and vice versa.
One correct interpretation and many different applications.
This document will help you in understanding the Catholic view on Scripture and all Divine Revelation:You’d be surprised to hear this but I believe there is one correct interpretation as well. I just believe that the Church can interpret it wrongly, and individual people can interpret it correctly and vice versa.
One correct interpretation and many different applications.
hoosierdaddy http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/statusicon_cad/user_offline.gifWooo-hoo! A real silver medal? Not those chocolate coins wrapped in tinfoil they give out? Oh, wow! I feel so special!
You accuse me of acting in an un-Christian fashion, but I must admit that your style is somewhat wearing. I have asked a question several times, and you have refused an answer - despite your insistence that you are here to spread the truth.
I have said I do not know or missed your reference. I have apologized for that, and asked you to tell me it again. You have not - neither has anyone come here and said “hey! He posted it here and it was this!”
This suggests to me it wasn’t very clear to a lot of people, and so many people would be interested in your answer. Yet you refuse to give it.
There are two conclusions;
i) You are lying little Troll
ii) You do not really believe in teaching what you see as the truth
Which is it?
let’s not jump to conclusions like that… after all we have “legitimate” members who post upwards of 20 times a day for years (and they would be much higher if not for the “crash”)hoosierdaddy http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/statusicon_cad/user_offline.gif
New Member
Join Date:** Dec 29, '06**
Total Posts: 232 (45.78 posts per day)
46 POSTS /DAY???
I choose # i.
Hoosier-
You’ve posted almost 250 times in less than one week.
And this is relevant how? Excuse me. I will ask you before I can post from now on. I didn’t know there was a limit to how much someone can post. But before I forget, try to remember that it is easy to rack up the posts when you are defending yourself against an angry mob. You try it sometime.
Could you please do everyone a favor and learn how to use the quote feature so that we can respond to you properly?
This is completely foreign to how I am used to doing the quote function. From now on I will copy and paste but I think that will be more difficult to follow.
Put everything you are quoting inside two quote commands as follows:
{quote}this is what I’m quoting{/quote}
Got it?
- the / turns off the quote function
- You MUST replace the { } with square brackets ]
**
Nope. I’m honestly not understanding it. Guess I’m stupid. Well, I understand the instructions but I don’t get how you go about doing it. Sorry.**