Book on learning Rhythm method?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeanj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeanj

Guest
Is there book on learning the Rhythm method? I know there are books on temperature and mucus, but neither appeal to me - Do not want to take my temperature every morning like I am ill, or feel ‘down below’ as per the Billings method.
I know the Rhythm is not as ‘reliable’ as the more ‘sophisticated’ methods but we are to be open to new life and just want to space/delay.
Thank you for any suggestions
Jean
 
You definitely need to talk to a Billings instructor, for you are labouring under a misunderstanding. The rhythm method is not even worth considering at all. I will send you a pm.
 
The “Rhythm Method” is the same thing as not monitoring at all.

I’d suggest you talk to Creighton trainer and look at the wearable tech
 
I am not aware of any books on the rhythm method. It should be very easy to find information about it on the internet. The rhythm method “can” work, if you have very regular, textbook-type cycles. You just need to be aware that its success rate is much lower than any NFP method. If you are ok with this, then get yourself some cycle beads or something.
 
Taking your temperature and basically paying attention to what’s going on down there (like when you have a pee and use toilet paper) requires very little effort. Why would this be too much trouble, especially for the information it provides?

I never knew this existed until my 20s and it was maddening to realize this is basic biology which every 14 yr old girl should have learned in school when they made sex ed available. I felt cheated. I’m wondering why you don’t seem to have any enthusiasm toward something that is really pretty simple.
 
What people are talking about here is also known as the Fertility Awareness Method. It uses body temperature and mucus viscosity to help you determine when your most fertile days are. I used this method 25 years ago when I was trying to get pregnant, but it also works to delay pregnancy. There are books available on the Fertility Awareness Method. Try your local library.

There isn’t much to learn about it. It’s more that you need to be aware of what’s happening. Once you train yourself to be aware, it becomes second nature.
 
Thanks for replies so far. I really do not want to take my temperature every day though I realise is it a good sign. The idea of ‘temperature and mucus viscosity’ does put me off a bit. I have had a look at the Billings and see there is a book which I might get. Also found old books on Rhythm so will see if they are getable.
 
You don’t have to start on day 1 of your period, you know where you are in your cycle. Once your temperature comes up, you don’t have to take your temp for the rest of the month. As you understand how things are working, you’ll have the hang of it. It’s not every day but yes, when you’re learning.
 
I choose Creighton because no temping and no internal checks.
 
Not everything is best taught in a book. I learned from a teacher when I was at university. Teachers look at your charts and help you to make sense of them. They also correct you if you misunderstand something. It’s best to learn things the proper way so that you can teach others properly too.
 
I learned from a book and was quite successful using NFP.

But it isn’t something that you read through once and you are done.

If your cycles are predictable, it will be easier.
 
My older sister, a Registered Nurse, said that your system could decide to drop an egg for fertilization at any time of the month. There’s no totally safe from pregnancy day. There are only " less likely " days.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for more replies. I have discussed with DH and (like me) is positive against temperature and not keen on music checking. I have ordered Billings book and seen others on Amazon and might oder 1 or 2 of those.
I know a teacher might be helpful (or even advisable) but we are not in a good location for classes out in wilds.
I have 28 days cycles like clockwork and unless a very strange situation (and we are delaying not avoiding), we can accept that we may be blessed unexpectedly as a ‘price’ for ditching artificial methods that we do not like - and more important now see as illicit.
 
If you use some sort of paper or cloth to wipe after you urinate, that is how you mucous check with Creighton.

I’ve yet to meet an instructor who won’t do Skype training.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top