Book recomendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter MCGar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MCGar

Guest
Does anyone have some good book recommendations for historical proof of Jesus? Also any other books that explain the type of language in the bible, to help someone that has difficulty with believing the bible due to looking at it with a modern understanding?
 
I’ve not read it but I’ve heard good things about Lee Strobel’s The Case for Christ.

See also William Lane Craig’s article The Evidence for Jesus

Neither of them are Catholic, but I’ve heard good things about both from Catholic apologists.

As for the language of Scripture, I recommend reading the Church’s 1994 document, Interpretation of the Bible in the Church. It goes into various methods of understanding the text, and meeting it in the context and language it was written.
 
I’ve not read it but I’ve heard good things about Lee Strobel’s The Case for Christ.

See also William Lane Craig’s article The Evidence for Jesus

Neither of them are Catholic, but I’ve heard good things about both from Catholic apologists.

As for the language of Scripture, I recommend reading the Church’s 1994 document, Interpretation of the Bible in the Church. It goes into various methods of understanding the text, and meeting it in the context and language it was written.
👍 I read ‘The Case for Christ’ before coming into the faith and it really helped me (at the time a 47 year old agnostic) to understand that there is sound evidence out there that not only did Jesus of Nazareth actually live, but that it was reasonable to believe that he was also raised from the dead as the New Testament proclaims.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top