F
falcon75
Guest
I a a recent convert to Catholicism from the Methodist Church as of this past Easter. I’ve been happily married to my wife for 16 years. During her childhood, her family attended several different Protestant denominations but was never really rooted in one tradition. As a result, she was never baptized/confirmed and was never given any solid instruction in the Christian faith. I have tried to get her to attend church with my son and I, but she has thus far refused. She will say to me that she believes in Jesus Christ but feels that “church is not for her right now”. She is very loving and supportive of my conversion but seems to have little interest in the church.
I have been very patient and so far have avoided starting arguments over this. I am on fire for the church right now and want her to come along and share the joy that I’m experiencing. It saddens me that she seems so apathetic about it. She once told me that she feels embarrassed that she was never baptized and feels that everyone is staring at her when she has gone to Mass with me in the past. She has expressed a willingness to read - I need some help and firepower to bring her along. Any suggestions?
I have been very patient and so far have avoided starting arguments over this. I am on fire for the church right now and want her to come along and share the joy that I’m experiencing. It saddens me that she seems so apathetic about it. She once told me that she feels embarrassed that she was never baptized and feels that everyone is staring at her when she has gone to Mass with me in the past. She has expressed a willingness to read - I need some help and firepower to bring her along. Any suggestions?