Book suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter ToddG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToddG

My wife asked me to get her a book for summer, spiritual reading. She is not a big reader, so something short, clear and concise would be most useful. I also see this as an opportunity to share the faith. I was thinking of the Gospels or Catholic Catechism. We are also struggling with contraception(say a prayer, please), so something that addresses this may be beneficial.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just joined this forum- it is great!!

Todd

The Good News About Sex and Marriage by Christopher West is awesome. It explains the Catholic teaching very well and has an excellent Q&A section which addresses the typical objections that people have towards many areas of Catholic teaching.

Good luck,
Nicole

I would recommend The Privilege of Being a Woman by Alice von Hildebrand. Only 108 pages but so rich…

Two other very good books are:

Life Giving Love - Kimberly Hahn
Full of Grace - Johnnette Benkovic

40.png
Schana:
Two other very good books are:

Life Giving Love - Kimberly Hahn
Full of Grace - Johnnette Benkovic
Great suggestion. My wife loves the first book especially. If your dw hasn’t read Rome Sweet Home yet, I’d get her that first. After that, she’ll be quite eager to read Kimberly’s book.

Life Giving Love has been a book that has really helped me in so many different ways. It helped me to understand my marriage more fully, and currently we are struggling with a recent early pregnancy loss, (ectopic) and I turned to Life Giving Love for assistance.

I also agree…Home Sweet Rome…it’s a great introduction to the Hahns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back