BOOKS: Christ the Lord Out of Egypt - Ann Rice

  • Thread starter Thread starter lukefan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about this one. I saw it and put it down too. I think I’m going to read it now though!
 
I liked it very much - supposedly she is doing Jesus’ whole life in a series of books. It was well-written too.

It was fiction, but well thought out. I later found out some of the fictional accounts came from apocryphal works that did not make it into our canon. So she did some research to be sure.
 
I just finished this book and LOVED it!! I’ve always had a hard time seeing the human side of Christ, and though its fiction, its really helped me a lot. All of her books have somewhat “positive” stances on homosexuality which leads me to believe that she still is not with church teaching on the matter, though it isn’t mentioned at all in this book (as it has nothing to do with the content whatsoever).
I love her writing and own most of her books. I’m glad that she is writing more in this series!!!
 
It took awhile for me to come around and read Christ the Lord Out of Egypt.
Overall I thought the book was tenderly and sensitively written.
In the end the only real negative thing I saw was that Jesus was portrayed as terribly curious as he pursued an understanding of his past. I am strongly inclined to believe that Jesus did not have to root around in this fashion. I believe that his ‘Being’ was revealed to him. I believe it all ‘came’ to him. I never pictured Jesus groveling around for family facts from other people.
Without that ‘groveling’ there might not have been much of a story line. Perhaps Anne Rice was looking for sensationalism that just is not there. No amount of sensationalism can detract from Jesus.

Although Anne Rice crayons an interesting coloring page - I prefer my own personalized colorized version.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top