Borrowed suspected pirated DVDs

  • Thread starter Thread starter starrygirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrygirl

Guest
What is the morality of watching some pirated DVDs someone else bought and lend it to you out of friendliness? I didn’t ask for those DVDs. Can I watch them?
 
Those are stolen goods. If you knew that your friend had a stolen car, would you drive it if they loaned it to you out of friendliness? Very likely not. A pirated movie is smaller in value than a stolen car, but it’s still stolen. It’s still illeagal. It’s still stealing.

I have faced this same dillemma when visiting with friends who watch pirated movies all the time. I have chickened out of speaking up and have watched them just to not make waves or appear uptight. But I know I was wrong.
 
You can hardly steal bites. It would be like opening a book in the library, write everything down on some sheets of papers, close the book and take those self-written papers and only read it yourself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top