Boston Schismatics to Hold Alternative Easter Masses

• Thread starter Thread starter WanderAimlessly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WanderAimlessly

This should be the true title of the following article that appeared in Thursday’s Boston Globe:Married priests to fill Catholics’ Easter void

By Michael Paulson, Globe Staff | March 24, 2005

In a challenge to the authority of Archbishop Sean P. O’Malley, former parishioners of closed Catholic churches in Natick and Quincy have asked married priests to celebrate Easter Sunday Masses for them.

Full Article
I think it is egregious how the secular media loves to twist things to make the Church the bad guy in everything. No wonder their audience is dwindling.

As for Rev. William A. Clark at the College of the Holy Cross, I think sanctions are needed against him.

PF

I agree that calling on a married priest is wrong. However, what is going on that Ab O’Malley will not allow a diocesan priest to celebrate the Easter mass? Is their an approved parish nearby? The tone of the article suggests that their is no local Catholic church. If that is the case, I would be even more concerned about the Ab not providing a priest to his flock. I sure hope something is missing from this story.

I am still giving the Ab the benefit of the doubt, I cannot imagine that things really are as they are written in the article.

patriotledger.com/articles/2005/03/26/news/news04.txt

QUINCY - Parishioners of the shuttered Star of the Sea Church in Squantum will be able to celebrate an Easter Sunday Mass after brokering a deal with Boston’s archbishop.

Apparently this has been resolved appropriately. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how far away the nearest Catholic parish is from this closed parish? I am wondering if the parishoners are being stubborn, or if the Boston Archdiocese really did create a hardship for these people.

Are the schismatics the ones who disobey the archbishop, or the ones who disobey the Pope? We really need a program to keep all the players and sides straight here.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back