A
Afterman
Guest
Hello Catholic Answers,
I seem to have a habit of bouncing from atheism to Christianity, from atheism to Buddhism or from Buddhism to Christianity.
For instance, one month I will be praying the rosary daily, going to mass every Sunday and going to confession and the next I will be renouncing God and chanting mantras. Right now, however, the powerful words in the Dialogue of Saint Catherine of Sienna (St. Catherine happens to be my patron) is pulling back towards the Church.
I seem to do this constantly, and spiritually it is wearing me to a frazzle. I believe in my heart that I want to abide by the Church and that in some way I understand Christ’s sacrifice. I feel that if I converted to another religion I would be wasting an entire lifetime of dedication to Christ and the saints - that I would be nullifying my baptism, first communion, and the confirmation I worked so hard to get.
Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone offer some advice on how to stick with one frame of mind? If I go back to church for confession and communion again, I want to go back knowing I’ll stay forever.
I seem to have a habit of bouncing from atheism to Christianity, from atheism to Buddhism or from Buddhism to Christianity.
For instance, one month I will be praying the rosary daily, going to mass every Sunday and going to confession and the next I will be renouncing God and chanting mantras. Right now, however, the powerful words in the Dialogue of Saint Catherine of Sienna (St. Catherine happens to be my patron) is pulling back towards the Church.
I seem to do this constantly, and spiritually it is wearing me to a frazzle. I believe in my heart that I want to abide by the Church and that in some way I understand Christ’s sacrifice. I feel that if I converted to another religion I would be wasting an entire lifetime of dedication to Christ and the saints - that I would be nullifying my baptism, first communion, and the confirmation I worked so hard to get.
Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone offer some advice on how to stick with one frame of mind? If I go back to church for confession and communion again, I want to go back knowing I’ll stay forever.