Boycott Ford?

• Thread starter Thread starter MarySon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based only on the description in the link, the ad would not strike me as offensive. Of course, I haven’t seen the ad itself.

40.png
MarySon:
It seems that Ford wanted to air an ad during the Super Bowl that showed a priest who was tempted by a truck. I personally find it very distasteful especially after all this sex scandal in the Church.
Here is a link to the story:
entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20050202/110740464000.html
Should we then start boycotting Ford products?
Their ad agency promoted it, they decided not to do it and so it’s a non-story. I don’t believe we can start calling for boycotts for something they DIDN’T do.

Even Our Lord was tempted - I’d have to know if the priest is shown giving in and fondling the truck. :bigyikes:

Seriously, I think stuff like this is actually good for the Church. As long as the prototype of the “tough to tempt” person remains a priest, we’ll still have good standing at least in the back of people’s minds.

They didn’t air it. So what’s the big deal? I could be biased because I have a Ford truck and I love it.

I think that would have been hilarious, I think the superbowl commercails are funny as all get out…

I am pretty sure my priest woud have laughed to lol 😛

God’s got to have a sense of Humor, after all, he made us didn’t He? 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back