Brave Soldiers...

• Thread starter Thread starter smackdaddy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smackdaddy

The number is now over 5000…That’s over 5000 American soldiers who have decided to no longer fight in America’s unjust war in Iraq. While some soldiers go AWOL for persoanl reasons, many are deserting because they have opened their eyes and ears. They see this war for what it really is. A war driven by greed and a blind lust for power. While our government continues to harp about how we’re “freeing” the Iraqi people, (they don’t talk about WMD’s anymore) many of our soldiers see it for what it is…power and greed. More and more Americans are seeing the light as well and now realize the war, the reasons for the war, were and still are, lies. So let’s salute these soldiers who have shown courage and refuse to participate in American style terrorism.

Well is there something you would like us to learn by this?I am just trying to figure out if you want reactions to the statement or is there a question about it:confused:

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Well is there something you would like us to learn by this?I am just trying to figure out if you want reactions to the statement or is there a question about it:confused:
I don’t want anything. Like most posters, I’m just giving my opinion. I think the fact that the number of deserters and the number of Americans who are turning against this war is growing, is good…very good.

40.png
smackdaddy:
The number is now over 5000…That’s over 5000 American soldiers who have decided to no longer fight in America’s unjust war in Iraq. While some soldiers go AWOL for persoanl reasons, many are deserting because they have opened their eyes and ears. They see this war for what it really is. A war driven by greed and a blind lust for power. While our government continues to harp about how we’re “freeing” the Iraqi people, (they don’t talk about WMD’s anymore) many of our soldiers see it for what it is…power and greed. More and more Americans are seeing the light as well and now realize the war, the reasons for the war, were and still are, lies. So let’s salute these soldiers who have shown courage and refuse to participate in American style terrorism.
They dont have permission to question the war in action, only in opinion. They signed up to follow orders and are cowards if they run away for any reason. The military is not a democracy, it is an army with military rules. If they cant handle following orders then they should have never signed up for free school. Maybe we should mention the hundreds of thousands here who had enough honor and courage to serve as they promised like soldiers. Like it or not we are at war and people need to stop trying to whimper it away. Can you link me some valid source on 5000 people who left for this particular reason?

-D

40.png
smackdaddy:
I don’t want anything. Like most posters, I’m just giving my opinion. I think the fact that the number of deserters and the number of Americans who are turning against this war is growing, is good…very good.
No it isn’t desertion is betraying their promise. Their promise to themselves, their promise to their neighbors and their promise to their country. And in many cases their promise to God. This isn’t Vietnam, they weren’t drafted, they volunteered. To desert when times get tough is cowardise, it isn’t good. No matter what you think.

Anyway, of the extremely small percentage who go awol, many return, and only an extremely few go awol for political reasons. I think Smackdaddy knows that and that is why he doesn’t cite any studies that show otherwise.

The US soldier is not a coward, they do their duty. They could quit after their time is up. Most do not, they reenlist. Even those in the reserve. The reenlistment rate in the reserve now is about the same as in peacetime. see the story here: csmonitor.com/2005/0503/p01s01-usmi.html

This isn’t Vietnam Smackdaddy, the US has learned that lesson and we are not repeating the mistakes of Vietnam. We are in Iraq right not to protect the Iraqis so they can have freedom. And they will get it as long as we stand tough. So far the US soldier knows that.

40.png
smackdaddy:
Should we leave the people of Iraq high and dry at this point? Or should we stay the course as we (promised)?

-D

40.png
Darrel:
Should we leave the people of Iraq high and dry at this point? Or should we stay the course as we (promised)?

-D
The Vatican has come out on this issue. They want the US to stay, and other countries to join us, until Iraq can stand on its own 2 feet. Democracy in Iraq is important.

I don’t see how Catholics or Christians can be against us protecting the innocent Iraqis now. It just doesn’t make sense.

Smackdaddy I was not happy to go to war either,but once the decision was made I backed the soldiers and the President.When soldiers leave like that they are putting other soldiers in danger and that is not right:nope:

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Smackdaddy I was not happy to go to war either,but once the decision was made I backed the soldiers and the President.When soldiers leave like that they are putting other soldiers in danger and that is not right :nope:
I agree. It is dangerous for other soldiers and democracy in Iraq if people here start deserting. I can imagine more harm done to the people of Iraq if we don’t support them. The country currently needs stability, if we and the rest of the coalition leaves, a civil war will be guaranteed and sufferings will be much greater.

Warmest regards,
Ben
clouds.org
smallgallery.com

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

Nobody is forced or coerced to take this oath. They do so of their own free will. According to St, Thomas More - “What is an oath but words you say before God”.

Smackdaddy - I cannot believe you celebrate cowardise and desertion. Shame on you.

smackdaddy I can’t see your post serves any purpose. it’s just an attempt to gain some notoriety. nothing more

40.png
smackdaddy:
40.png
smackdaddy:
I don’t want anything. Like most posters, I’m just giving my opinion. I think the fact that the number of deserters and the number of Americans who are turning against this war is growing, is good…very good. **
As you say, it is your opinion and you certainly have a right to it. You’re very wrong, but entitled to be so.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back