M
Maria1212
Guest
One of my New Year`s resolutions was to really work hard at was decreasing unnecessary spending. I am single and had felt like I was wasting a lot of money on a food budget because items would go bad before I could use them up. This year, with a lot of planning, I am doing much better. I have saved a lot of money by shopping at Costco. I freeze items and then thaw them as needed.
Since this fall I have saved a lot of money by making soup from scratch on the weekends. I freeze the soup in individual tupperware and then take them to work for lunch.
I spend a lot of money on bread. I love pecan rasin bread and consider it a luxury. I am considering buying a mini breadmaker. It makes one pound loaves and I think it would be economical in the long-run compared to what I spend on bread at the store. The quality sounds like it would be better too.
For folks who own breadmakers, do you think it saves you money in the long-run? I know a lot of people buy breadmakers and then never use them. I own a lot of kitchen appliances and use them every day so think I would use a bread maker on a weekly basis but am wondering if it is cost effective. I use my juicer on a daily basis so know if I had one, it would not just collect dust. But I am on the fence as to whether it would save me money.
I`d welcome thoughts from folks on whether you think a bread maker has saved your family money.
Sincerely,
Maria1212
Since this fall I have saved a lot of money by making soup from scratch on the weekends. I freeze the soup in individual tupperware and then take them to work for lunch.
I spend a lot of money on bread. I love pecan rasin bread and consider it a luxury. I am considering buying a mini breadmaker. It makes one pound loaves and I think it would be economical in the long-run compared to what I spend on bread at the store. The quality sounds like it would be better too.
For folks who own breadmakers, do you think it saves you money in the long-run? I know a lot of people buy breadmakers and then never use them. I own a lot of kitchen appliances and use them every day so think I would use a bread maker on a weekly basis but am wondering if it is cost effective. I use my juicer on a daily basis so know if I had one, it would not just collect dust. But I am on the fence as to whether it would save me money.
I`d welcome thoughts from folks on whether you think a bread maker has saved your family money.
Sincerely,
Maria1212