Breaking a promise to God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HuyenVu
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HuyenVu

Guest
Is saying to God “I’ll try my best to…” considered a promise ? I did say this during prayers several times but did not intend it to be a promise but more like a self-motivation. Can I ask did I make a promise to God ? Did I just commit a mortal sin ?
 
Is saying to God “I’ll try my best to…” considered a promise ? I did say this during prayers several times but did not intend it to be a promise but more like a self-motivation. Can I ask did I make a promise to God ? Did I just commit a mortal sin ?
No and no!
 
thank you for your reply. I just want to be careful, in the past I have made several promises to God and Mother Mary but did not keep them. I go to confession to confess and now I just wondered after having broken the promise and going to confession do I have to still keep those promises ? Sorry for asking you another question.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top