Breeding Animals with Human Genes

• Thread starter Thread starter TomK
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
TomK said:
iht.com/articles/2005/04/20/healthscience/snchim.html

What do y’all think? I’m of the “pretty scarey school” myself.

As the article states, this is not science fiction - it is happening now.

"If you give an animal a human brain, if you give an animal human reproductive organs, if you make a human embryo that’s not fully human, that crosses the ethical, moral, and biblical line."

It is hard to find something worst than abortion. I’m afraid this may be it.

Hmmmm…How can I say this?? I guess I must **be **a “chimera”…I have one of those pig valves in my heart…Without it, I would have died just a year ago…
On the other hand, I have to admit that there is definitely the potential for abuse…
But as far as “my” pig is concerned, I :yup: thank God for him every day.

40.png
Zooey:
Hmmmm…How can I say this?? I guess I must **be **a “chimera”…I have one of those pig valves in my heart…Without it, I would have died just a year ago…
On the other hand, I have to admit that there is definitely the potential for abuse…
But as far as “my” pig is concerned, I :yup: thank God for him every day.
Having a pig valve in your body is not the same as a chimera! If they modified your offsprings’ genes to create a half-human and half-monkey being that would be a chimera.

This is a very serious issue.

Call me superstitious if you want:ehh: But when I think about them messing around and mixing humans with animals:eek: I am freaked outhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage06/8.gifIt sounds like something that thehttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage21/19.gifinspired.And furthermore the book of Revelations speaks about part human and animal beastshttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage16/3.gifI for one am very uncomforatable with that.:nope:

Oh, I know it is. And I am very concerned. But there is sometimes a tendency of people to condemn every advance regardless…Sometimes this is justified, sometimes not.
I wrote what I did, because one of the people quoted in the article said that anyone with a pig heart/kidney is a chimera.
I dont want to throw the baby out with the bath water…

40.png
Zooey:
Oh, I know it is. And I am very concerned. But there is sometimes a tendency of people to condemn every advance regardless…Sometimes this is justified, sometimes not.
It’s like embryonic stem cell research and adult stem cell research. One is totally moral and holds great promise, the other is totally wrong.

rastell said:
It’s like embryonic stem cell research and adult stem cell research. One is totally moral and holds great promise, the other is totally wrong.

Exactly…This is the perfect comparison.
I have to admit that before I went into congestive heart failure, if I had read about this research, I would not have made the distinction myself. In fact, I probably would have muttered something about “Frankenstein”, & passed it off…This leads me to believe that there are many, many people out there who need to be educated on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back