C
CompSciGuy
Guest
Hey all,
I help teach a conversational English class for international students from my campus. I was having a one-on-one session with one of our regulars, a man from Turkey. He asked about the ashes on my forehead and we started talking about Lent, etc. He is very curious about Christians and how they pray, etc. and he said he wanted to come to mass. I am taking him to a daily mass on Friday evening and I wanted to make sure I do everything right… If I understand correctly, only baptized Christians are allowed to use the holy water, right? Other than that (and the Eucharist, of course), is there anything that I might need to be aware of? Has anyone ever taken a non-Christian friend to mass before and might you have any recommendations or suggestions?
Thanks
I help teach a conversational English class for international students from my campus. I was having a one-on-one session with one of our regulars, a man from Turkey. He asked about the ashes on my forehead and we started talking about Lent, etc. He is very curious about Christians and how they pray, etc. and he said he wanted to come to mass. I am taking him to a daily mass on Friday evening and I wanted to make sure I do everything right… If I understand correctly, only baptized Christians are allowed to use the holy water, right? Other than that (and the Eucharist, of course), is there anything that I might need to be aware of? Has anyone ever taken a non-Christian friend to mass before and might you have any recommendations or suggestions?
Thanks