Buddhist Pray In Cathedral

• Thread starter Thread starter Exporter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exporter

http://www.phayul.com/images/news/articles/041004105211RO.jpgBuddhist monks pray in the National Cathedral during a prayer for peace with Dalai Lama in Mexico City, Mexico Monday Oct. 4, 2004. The Buddhist leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner arrived in Mexico this Sunday and will offer several talks among other activities. (AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)
[Tuesday, October 05, 2004, AP]

Buddhists are certainly not Christians. What are the repercussions of this? Is this what is meant by Ecumenism? It seems quite strange to me.

Ecumenism is dialog between Christians. With non-Christians, it is more properly called “inter-faith” diaglogue. I think if we’re going to talk to them about faith in this kind of context, it would be better not to do so in our sanctuaries. Was the Blessed Sacrament removed from the Tabernacle? How close were they to the Altar of Sacrifice? I, too, find it disturbing. I think the Dalai Lama is an interesting person and I think he has good intentions. But his ceremonies should not take place in our churches.

I think you have pointed out a major flaw in the Catholic Mass. Repeatedly during the Mass, the priest says “Let us pray”. Now, knowing that we are not asked to show our Catholic Cards at the door (we should have a ID), shouldn’t the priest say “Let us Catholics prayer, I’m not talking to anyone else here”

P.S. I disapprove of the hats without matching gloves.

40.png
katherine2:
P.S. I disapprove of the hats without matching gloves.
LOL! Perhaps they forgot them! But seriously, Katherine, if they’re there in the robes and the hats (I think they only don the hats for ceremonies, though I may be wrong), isn’t that basically a ritual? Should we have the rituals of other faiths, esp. non-Christian faiths, in our consecrated churches/cathedrals/basilicas? We wouldn’t allow them to make a mandala of colored sand on the floor, would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back