Z
zach_dunn
Guest
← continued from previous post →
As for the ribbon bookmarks, I never really use them, they kind of just sit there . . . what do you guys use them for? Anyway, what is the right sized width for these ribbons? I’ve read that many Bibles have too small of ribbons that get lost in the page, what do you think?
Once again, thank you so much for your detailed response, it is GREATLY appreciated!
Now it’s time for me to make another plea that more people complete this survey thing please!
I agree with you about fewer maps. I think it’s necessary to have a basic understanding of the geography of that region of the world, and I think it’s nice to see Paul’s exploits and the many OT conquests mapped out, but I think that would do. I really enjoy modern renderings of ancient places and structures, I think it can really help people understand the history behind the Bible more! And color is definitely better!Graphic Preferences - Maps don’t do much for me. I could deal with many fewer maps than usually exist. I love the drawings like those in the ESV Study Bible though, and full color is cooler than greyscale.
Smyth sewn would have to be a given for me, if I were to put the money into something like this, I would want it to last darn near a life time. I like leather Bibles a lot . . . but only when it’s done right. I really don’t like bonded or genuine leather, but, as the author of the Bible Design and Binding Blog says, imitation leather is getting better and better. One thing I’ve noticed throughout my studies is that Catholics tend to not be great fans of leather Bibles, we prefer hardcover and paperback. I think the reason is that we haven’t been exposed to much quality leather like goat or calfskin. If Catholic publishers would splurge for good leather, I think more and more Catholics would jump on the bandwagon!Book Details - Smyth sewn, meaning the pages are less likely to just fall out! Most books are put together using glue, which can fail. Hardcover is somewhat annoying with Bibles because the Bible paper is so thin, so a leather cover would be optimal. Also, THREE RIBBON BOOKMARKS! One is never enough.
As for the ribbon bookmarks, I never really use them, they kind of just sit there . . . what do you guys use them for? Anyway, what is the right sized width for these ribbons? I’ve read that many Bibles have too small of ribbons that get lost in the page, what do you think?
Is there anything that really jumps out at you about this edition that you think should be incorporated into every study Bible out there?Good Ones - My favorite study Bible and the one I use most is the NLT Study Bible.![]()
That sounds great! I’ll have to look for it online!One Last Thing - As far as I know, there is a Catholic Bible for college students which does include whichever encyclical talks about reading the Bible. It’s published by St. Mary’s Press. However, it is the NAB translation if I remember correctly.
Once again, thank you so much for your detailed response, it is GREATLY appreciated!
Now it’s time for me to make another plea that more people complete this survey thing please!