Reading all these posts I think I have allowed myself to get off track from my original intention. It really doesn’t matter which parish I attend. What I am looking for are ideas on how to build community. :grouphug:
I’m not necessarily looking for ministry.
There’s a difference.
In a secular sense, I would be asking, how do I go out and find a new group of friends.
BUT I’m asking in the Catholic sense.
People to pray together, to share Sunday dinner together, maybe to go on Catholic outings together, to basically be a small support group for one another in a society that is getting increasingly scary and … well, not supportive of Catholic values. We had that with some of our PFI friends, but life intrudes. Several have become gravely ill, others are juggling work, a masters in theology and family. Life goes on.
I guess I’m hoping to create something local.
Do I put an ad in the bulletin or local diocesan newspaper saying “Want to Be Friends”? I don’t think so. That’s just creepy.
So, tossing the ball back your way.(No good smiley for that. Foo!)