Bush on Cloning

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT

I applaud the strong vote of the United Nations General Assembly today urging countries to ban all forms of human cloning. I am also grateful for the strong statement against practices that exploit women.

Human life must not be created for the purpose of destroying it. The United States and the international community have now spoken clearly that human cloning is an affront to human dignity and that we must work together to protect human life. I look forward to working with Members of Congress to enact legislation to ban all human cloning in the United States.

Now for the liberal commentary on the position of our evil, war-mongering, pseudo pro-life President…

40.png
gilliam:
STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT

I applaud the strong vote of the United Nations General Assembly today urging countries to ban all forms of human cloning. I am also grateful for the strong statement against practices that exploit women.

Human life must not be created for the purpose of destroying it. The United States and the international community have now spoken clearly that human cloning is an affront to human dignity and that we must work together to protect human life. I look forward to working with Members of Congress to enact legislation to ban all human cloning in the United States.
What kind of cloning are we talking about here? I definately do not think people should be cloned because you dont know if theyd have some sort of defect and theres really no reason why they should be…but organ cloning for transplants or stem cell cloning or what have you is helpful and not freakish.

40.png
siamesecat:
What kind of cloning are we talking about here? I definately do not think people should be cloned because you dont know if theyd have some sort of defect and theres really no reason why they should be…but organ cloning for transplants or stem cell cloning or what have you is helpful and not freakish.
UNITED NATIONS, March 8 (Xinhuanet) – The UN General Assembly approved on Tuesday a declaration calling on world governments to prohibit all forms of human cloning which are incompatible with human dignity and the protection of human life.
The 191-nation assembly adopted the UN Declaration on Human Cloning by a vote of 84 in favor to 34 against, with 37 abstentions. The text was first passed by the assembly’s legal committee last month, ending four years of bitter debate over whether to ban both reproductive and therapeutic cloning.

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-03/09/content_2670357.htm

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Now for the liberal commentary on the position of our evil, war-mongering, pseudo pro-life President…
As opposed to the conservative commentary on the position of our evil, war-mongering, pseudo pro-life President, I suppose.

40.png
Richardols:
As opposed to the conservative commentary on the position of our evil, war-mongering, pseudo pro-life President, I suppose.
Precisely.

40.png
Richardols:
Well, that’s at least one thing you conservatives and we liberals can agree on.
He wasn’t agreeing with you. You gave the liberal POV he was saying was going to happen. That is what he meant by precisely. DUH!

40.png
maryprayforme:
He wasn’t agreeing with you. You gave the liberal POV he was saying was going to happen. That is what he meant by precisely. DUH!
For some people, the obvious isn’t quite so obvious. Leave it to me to use the truth to obfuscate the issue.

40.png
siamesecat:
Dang, that didn’t take long… 😦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back