Bush rhetoric vs. reality

• Thread starter Thread starter Peacemonger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peacemonger

A nation’s foreign policy is bankrupt, Walter Lippmann wrote, when its strategic assets, its arms and alliances, are insufficient to cover its liabilities – i.e., its commitments to defend critical territory and vital interests. wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42249

I wonder when Pat Buchanan is going to wake up and realize that he is a has been.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I wonder when Pat Buchanan is going to wake up and realize that he is a has been.
Pat Buchanan is one of the few conservatives left that makes any sense. I wish he were our president.

40.png
Peacemonger:
Pat Buchanan is one of the few conservatives left that makes any sense. I wish he were our president.
I don’t. Though I value his conservative opinion, his is far too isolationistic for me. I’d prefer Newt Gingrich, a thinking man’s conservative.

Peacemonger…I would like to ask you to do something…I know it may be hard for you, but it will show that maybe you love your country instead of always trying to degrade it. Instead of posting all of this negative criticism from various people or news outlets…find one, just one, positive story out there about our President, our country, or our troops and post it…all we ever get from you is pessimism…stop the hate. Please do this one simple thing for me…find a positive story that reflects all the good we are doing in the world…I will pray for you my friend. God Bless

I’ll give you one good story, all the Millions of dollars raised by the American Public for the Tsunami appeal. Not the monies pledged by the government, thats the publics money anyway, but the odd dollar here from a child, the ten dollars there from an unemployed man or woman, the cheque, the cash, the credit card transfer, the vast sum raised by ordinary people.

Pity there is a very small proportion of them who want to go into politics and dictate to the rest of the world. Its time they started listening to the public, instead of the public being forced to listen to them.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I don’t. Though I value his conservative opinion, his is far too isolationistic for me. I’d prefer Newt Gingrich, a thinking man’s conservative.
I think isolationism, to a point, is good. We should let other countries decide for themselves what kind of government they want. Example…Iraq. Our troops have done their job so they should now leave and let the Iraqi people decide their own future. We should pull out all of our troops from Europe. Let the Europeans provide for their own defense.

I think there was a misprint.

Wasn’t the title to this tread supposed to be: Peacemonger rhetoric vs. reality??

We have let them decide their own future and we told them we would leave if they wanted us to, and they politely asked us to stay, so we are obeying their wishes.

\
40.png
Peacemonger:
I think isolationism, to a point, is good. We should let other countries decide for themselves what kind of government they want. Example…Iraq. Our troops have done their job so they should now leave and let the Iraqi people decide their own future. We should pull out all of our troops from Europe. Let the Europeans provide for their own defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back