BYU kicks out best hitter

• Thread starter Thread starter BartBurk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you go to their school, you have to go by their rules.

Well, if you go to their school, you have to go by their rules.
The rules seem to be applied differently at BYU by different people. And this person claims to have been attending the LDS Church at other locations than his BYU community – why wouldn’t that be permissable? College students aren’t allowed to leave on the weekend to go visit friends and relatives? Talk about a cult.

When I was at BYU, I often went to meetings at my girlfriend’s branch, and no one cared or noticed. But I was a nobody, not a baseball star. It sounds to me like they decided to make an example of this kid. They do that now and then, just to keep the fear level high. Pathetic.

Paul

They do that now and then, just to keep the fear level high. Pathetic.
I went there for 5 years and never had any fear level. I just lived like I wanted to.

The church has become a bit more exacting in the endorsements area. Evidently, this person hadn’t been seen at church by the bishop and the bishop couldn’t feel like he could endorse him. I would hope that there was some counseling before hand to stress to the player that he really needed to attend church. (Attendance in LDS church is determined by geography, not because you like a congregation more than the other.)

While I don’t think this is the case in this instance, I’ve had a few roommates that were there ONLY because their parents “forced” them there. They had no interest to be there otherwise. Most wanted to be kicked out.

The demand to go there has become so strong that only a small number of members can ever hope to go. If someone goes and doesn’t follow the rules (and when I went, they weren’t anything that I had any problem with), there are 100 people straining to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back