Calif. judge rules San Diego County restaurants can reopen; says strip club ruling also protects eateries

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Great News! We have been hearing about all the elevating rates of infection in California. DESPITE all the quarantining of HEALTHY people. (It hasn’t helped. But the shutdowns ADDED pain.)

All this, while politicians frequently ignore there own “mandates”.

(If these “mandates” are so scientific and necessary,
use them against EVERYBODY.
Or else give “exemptions” to EVERYBODY. Not just selective Democrat buddies with big money and/or power.)

Published 1 hour ago

Calif. judge rules San Diego County restaurants can reopen; says strip club ruling also protects eateries​

Gov. Gavin Newsom’s office immediately appealed judge’s decision​

By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

A California judge ruled that all San Diego County restaurants can reopen for on-site dining . . .

. . . The Democratic governor’s office immediately appealed, bringing uncertainty to restaurant owners weighing whether to buy food and schedule staff a week before Christmas amid the possibility that their victory could soon be reversed.

TWO CALIFORNIA STRIP CLUBS CAN REMAIN OPEN, SET OWN CORONAVIRUS RULES, JUDGE SAYS

. . . San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria tweeted in response to the decision, writing that the city is working with county and state officials to determine the next steps.

"No one wants our small businesses to be closed, but . . .

. . . Hours after the injunction was issued Wednesday, San Diego County had suspended enforcement of its restrictions barring indoor and outdoor dining and live entertainment in the county of 3 million, the state’s second-most populous.

Last edited:
Strip clubs can be opened, but no mention of churches, eh? I’m not really surprised though; this is par for the course with Newsom. When I read this in the Union Tribune the other day, it made me angry. I thought about how long its been since I’ve been to Divine Liturgy, yet these people can go and watch… 😖

Last edited:
Strip clubs can be opened, but no mention of churches
Good point @Uliana988. The Supreme Court has effectively told Newsom the Churches cannot be given a more rigid standard of public health.

U.S. Supreme Court Rules Against Gov. Newsom’s Indoor Worship Bans​

48.png
U.S. Supreme Court Rules Against Gov. Newsom’s Indoor Worship Bans World News
Another victory for the Christians! Thank you Harvest Rock Church in Pasadena! . U.S. Supreme Court Rules Against Gov. Newsom’s Indoor Worship Bans 24 (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) Getty Images DR. SUSAN BERRY 3 Dec 2020 The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Thursday against California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) restrictions on indoor worship services, agreeing with religious groups they are unconstitutional. The High Court granted a petition from Harvest Rock Chu…
Whether or not Newsom obeys that I just don’t know.

There are re-call actions against Newsom in process right now spurred on by Newsom’s power abuses.

Rescue California’ official breaks down efforts to recall Gov Newsom​

48.png
Rescue California' official breaks down efforts to recall Gov Newsom World News
Rescue California’ official breaks down efforts to recall Gov Newsom 65,457 views Dec 17, 2020 (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) Fox News 6.66M subscribers Rescue California campaign manager Anne Dunsmore discusses progress the group has made as petition for recall passes 800K signatures. ['Rescue California' official breaks down efforts to recall Gov Newsom]
Abuses that he exempts himself and his pals from (and attempts to lie about it).

Gavin Newsom Attends ‘French Laundry’ Party, Violating Own Coronavirus Guidelines​

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on Friday that Newsom attended an outdoor birthday celebration for political adviser Jason Kinney with at least a dozen attendees at the French Laundry, an upscale restaurant in Napa Valley.
. . . The report came the same day Newsom – as well as Oregon Gov. Kate Brown and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee – announced a travel advisory for visitors leaving and entering their respective states . . .
. . . .Newsom claimed he was seated in an outdoor area of the restaurant. After the press conference, photos of the party surfaced showing a maskless Newsom seated at a table with a large number of guests (INDOORS)…
Parenthetical addition mine.

Newsom also has a history of exempting his leftist business donor-buddies (while in-essence pressuring THEIR employees to get in to work):

Gavin Newsom Exempts Entertainment Industry from California’s Stay-at-Home Order​

. . . . decided to exempt the state’s signature industry from his lockdown mandate, allowing film and TV shoots to continue. The decision not only affects celebrities but also the thousands of blue-collar crew members who light the sets, transport the scenery, and keep everyone fed.

Deadline reported that the governor’s latest order doesn’t apply to the entertainment production industry, which is on the list of essential work and is thus exempt from the rule.

Gov. Newsom’s order requires the vast majority of the state to stop all non-essential work, travel, and gatherings between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. every day through December 21. The order affects Californians in “purple-tier” counties, where coronavirus cases are rising the fastest.

Movie and TV shoots remain big business in California, employing thousands of people each year, the vast majority of whom are so-called “below-the-line” — crew members who toil long hours behind the scenes. They include camera operators, sound engineers, electricians, carpenters, truck drivers, makeup artists, and caterers…
48.png
Gavin Newsom Exempts Entertainment Industry from California’s Stay-at-Home Order World News
Another “superspreader exemption” for leftist big business (or else it shouldn’t be done in the first place against anyone). This will force the little guy to have to risk life and limb to go in and work for the elitist leftists in Hollywood too. Lockdown for thee but not for me. . Gavin Newsom Exempts Entertainment Industry from California’s Stay-at-Home Order (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) Frazer Harrison/Getty Images DAVID NG 23 Nov 2020 As millions of C…

Last edited:
I know about the recall; I signed the petition the first time around, but it failed. 😠 I wasn’t able to find another canvasser for this next petition, and I don’t have a printer to print up my own. I pray that this hypocrite gets kicked out. It wouldn’t be so bad if he himself followed the rules as well as had the same standards for everyone. It’s another case of rules for thee and not for me. This is a good case for “put not your trust in the princes of the children of men, for in them there is no salvation” (Psalm 146:3)

While I am in favor of masking and social distancing and limiting the size of gatherings, I am also a stickler that it be fair and apply to everyone. It’s hypocritical for anyone to violate their own policies regardless of party or ”knowing the right people” to avoid obeying the guidelines! Shame on anyone doing this.

If restaurants may reopen with limited seating then churches should as well. I even accept that strip joints make the cut. Sacrifice for thee but not for me goes against every bone in my body!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back