Can a Catholic donate to help rebuild a burned down mosque?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmv
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would not donate money to help rebuild a mosque since it is not an act of charity to help fund the building of a place that leads souls away from Christ.
What about the person/people who burned it down? I assume we still condemn that, right?
 
So modern day Judaism is a true religion even though it denies Jesus (the Truth)? Now you will have to educate me, because that makes me confused.
*The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God’s revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews “belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ”,328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329 *

Modern-day Judaism does not deny “Truth” but simply has a deficient understanding of the fullness of Truth.
 
A mosque and a hospital are two different things. Our money should go to furthering the Kingdom of God through the furthering of the Catholic Church. I wouldn’t give money to a Protestant Church building, let alone a mosque.
I agree.
What about the person/people who burned it down? I assume we still condemn that, right?
Yes. Deliberate destruction of another’s property is wrong.
 
What about the person/people who burned it down? I assume we still condemn that, right?
Yep because the destruction of another persons property is wrong; however just because I condemn arson does not mean I’m obligated by morality to rebuild what was burnt, especially if what was burnt wasn’t good in the first place. In short I dont approve of the way (arson) in which someone chose to remove something (mosque) I didn’t approve of.

If someone stole your friends prono collection would you give him the funds to purchase a new one simply because your against theft? :rolleyes:
 
Yep because the destruction of another persons property is wrong; however just because I condemn arson does not mean I’m obligated by morality to rebuild what was burnt, especially if what was burnt wasn’t good in the first place. In short I dont approve of the way (arson) in which someone chose to remove something (mosque) I didn’t approve of.

If someone stole your friends prono collection would you give him the funds to purchase a new one simply because your against theft? :rolleyes:
I admit I have mixed opinion towards this. But it is a “community center” for minority and faith searcher, not a brthl.
The example you give is for against theft AND p***. The situation now is we against arson and misused of the word Christ in christian. The muslims, we are not AGAINST it, they are part of God’s salvation plan as a person worthy to be saved by Christ and they search for God.
 
I would not. You could make the argument that this shows an act of charity and peace…however, the mosque contradicts the teachings of Christ.

I would donate to the Catholic Church, a Catholic charity, etc…
 
To me, the better question is “Can a Catholic (or a Jew) who has the means NOT donate to help rebuild a burned-down mosque?”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top