Can a Catholic see the new Left Behind Movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Layp3rs0n
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Layp3rs0n

Guest
Okay, first off I am well versed in Catholic apologetics, am solid in my Faith and know the Rapture theory is false. That said, would going to see movie be a bad idea for entertainment since the author of the original book series was so anti-catholic? I wonder if it would be wrong to give him money.
 
Movies are not real, they’re entertainment, therefore a Catholic is free to see any movie this wish. In fact, I can’t think of any movies a Catholic “Can’t see”, do you know of any? Besides I’m a fan of Nic Cage and this movie looks pretty good!
 
Of course you “can” see it.
I don’t know why you would want to…:rolleyes:
I myself, don’t like to encourage such fallacies with my hard earned dollar.
But that’s me. I’m not a Nicholas Cage fan either , so no big sacrifice me to stay away.
🤷
 
There is nothing that prevents Catholics from watching fantasy fiction.
 
Okay, first off I am well versed in Catholic apologetics, am solid in my Faith and know the Rapture theory is false. That said, would going to see movie be a bad idea for entertainment since the author of the original book series was so anti-catholic?** I wonder if it would be wrong to give him money**.
That would be my reason besides it being false…why support it… Here is a review of the series in general…

decentfilms.com/articles/leftbehind
 
I agree in that you can “see it if you want to.”

I have to admit that I am curious by nature, and I have to admit that this movie has my curiosity piqued. I would be interested to see what happens in it.
 
Okay, first off I am well versed in Catholic apologetics, am solid in my Faith and know the Rapture theory is false. That said, would going to see movie be a bad idea for entertainment since the author of the original book series was so anti-catholic? I wonder if it would be wrong to give him money.
It’s a completely fictional story created by a guy named Miller in the 1800’s. It sure has been a pretty mint for the Left Behind authors and now maybe Hollywood. :eek:
 
It’s a remake and the trailers that I’ve seen (on tv) do not make it very intersting to me. 😃
 
I can’t be any better or worse than those dreadful movies “Noah” and “Heaven is Real”…so if you want to, go for it.
 
I can’t be any better or worse than those dreadful movies “Noah” and “Heaven is Real”…so if you want to, go for it.
Yes, I saw “Heaven is for real” at the behest of some friends who offered to watch the children while dh and I saw it. It was interesting… to say the least. I don’t think I understood the point, especially not the pastors final sermon. Nor did I realize that evangelicals were running into resistance to belief in heaven. Not only that, but all the spiritual events were cheesy and the church was ugly. Not a good movie. (There was one touching, not corny, moment with the church lady at the grave of her son. That was the best part of the movie).
 
Save your money for a real movie based on real events and real people such as the Therese movie from 2004 (Saint Luke Productions) or The 13th Day, based on Fatima Apparations.

Don’t waste money on a made up protestant belief that isn’t even biblical (matthew 24 doesn’t mention clothes being “left behind”

And no,Catholics just can’t see * any *movie they want to - if there’s a chance for near occasion of sin, its best to avoid it.
 
Since you’re into apologetics, you would be fine. In fact, you would even be in a better position to be able to field questions on this issue, because you HAD seen it, could talk about it, intelligently, citing point by point your perspective.

I think it could make you even stronger in apologetics for having a clear understanding of other, different, ideas and philosophies, first hand.
 
In my opinion, those who are best in apologetics know Catholicism well but also have a very good understanding of other faiths, not only what they believe but why they believe what they believe, what makes them “tick” so to speak.

If you want to see it, see it. If you want to read the series, read it.

Good luck, and God speed! 👍
 
I find movies like this very entertaining because I love special effects. Just because I watch them from a strictly entertainment point of view does in no way affect my beliefs! Charleston Heston in Moses parting the Red Sea! I loved the drama! It made the story become alive for me. Rapture stuff I totally do not believe in but I did see one Rapture show which I enjoyed. However, that doesn’t change my mind about my beliefs!
 
I would say no. All movies have messages. Entertainment usually does not mean something good or moral today. Most movies and TV shows fall into that category.

I study the media almost daily. I know Hollywood. Good, clean fun is very low on their list of what “entertainment” is.

Peace,
Ed
 
I would suspect some of the apologists on the forum might even see some of these films in order to be able to respond when people ask them certain specific questions.

I’ve even watched at least one or two or those, myself, and I think it has helped me better understand some other faiths.

Apologists, don’t you on occasion, read books that are not of the Catholic faith and also see movies that aren’t Catholic to help you in your mission?
 
Save your money for a real movie based on real events and real people such as the Therese movie from 2004 (Saint Luke Productions) or The 13th Day, based on Fatima Apparations.

Don’t waste money on a made up protestant belief that isn’t even biblical (matthew 24 doesn’t mention clothes being “left behind”

And no,Catholics just can’t see * any *movie they want to - if there’s a chance for near occasion of sin, its best to avoid it.
“A made up protestant belief that isn’t even biblical.” Wow, these sola scriptura folks really do have doctrines that have no Biblical basis whatsoever!

What really scares me about people who are adamant about this movie’s subject matter is how wrong they are in trying to support it with scriptures. They are in love with this rapture nonsense and quote the Gospels saying it will happen just as in the days of Noah, and the lost will be left behind while the saved are taken to Heaven. Huh? So, Noah and his family were the “lost”? And all the ones who perished in the flood were the “saved”? Golly, that’s not what I was taught in Sunday school.

I don’t think that seeing this movie is a near occasion of sin. I think that seeing this movie is exposing oneself to the teachings straight from the mouth of the Prince of Lies, Satan. If you can sit through it and walk out denying the false doctrine of the Rapture, great. But why pay money to tempt yourself like that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top