Can atheists do "good?"

• Thread starter Thread starter _AnnoDomini
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting hairs are we?
No, I simply took the time to read the bull:
Law 25.
The head of state or ruler must force all the heretics whom he has in custody, 8provided he does so without killing them or breaking their arms or legs, as actual robbers and murderers of souls and thieves of the sacraments of God and Christian faith, to confess their errors and accuse other heretics whom they know, and specify their motives, 9and those whom they have seduced, and those who have lodged them and defended them,as thieves and robbers of material goods are made to accuse their accomplices and confess the crimes they have committed.

Last edited:
What OrbisNonSufficit does in his/her own mind isn’t my business. Also note they say wasn’t as hard, not wasn’t hard.
To clarify, it was not hard at all. Then again I do not consider my past self to be representative of atheism, so I am just an example that does not mean such example is the norm. I know many agnostics that do not have such problem for one reason or another- mostly that they do not think about morality on deep level. Again, that is my subjective view on my subjective surroundings hence not an indicator of atheism/agnosticism at large.

I simply know that morality was subject to compromises when there was nothing preventing just that. Conscience still existed in me, but it was not unchanging neither was it always correct. For example, lying was no problem for me unless it had terrible implications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back