D
DJWhamo
Guest
I know that amillennialist eschatology is ok by Church standards, but is that the official stance of the church? Is it possible to believe in post-mill, and still be within the Church’s teachings?
It would depend on how it was defined, there have been many types of Post-Mil thought.I know that amillennialist eschatology is ok by Church standards, but is that the official stance of the church? Is it possible to believe in post-mill, and still be within the Church’s teachings?
As would I. But the problem that we both share is that there is simply NO “Catholic understanding” to be had.Again, I welcome any correction from anyone who has the correct Catholic understanding of this.
Now I may be way off base on Catholic teaching, and welcome a correction from any Catholic who can prove I am wrong on my understanding, but we are now living in the so called ‘millineum’ now. The Book of Revelation for the most part takes place outside of time because much of it takes place in Heaven. Satan’s initial defeat in the book of Revelation was Christ’s death and Ressaurection. Satan is currently ‘chained’ and will be released again at the end of time and Christ will defeat him once and for all at the end of the ‘millineum’. It is at this time that the so called ‘Rapture’ will occur when those who have died in Christ will be reunited with thier earthly bodies in the great ressaurection, and will stand in general judgement along with all those still alive.
I think this is a very Catholic understanding.The key here to remember is that the ‘millineum’ is not a literal 1000 years, but rather a allegory for a very long time. Again, I welcome any correction from anyone who has the correct Catholic understanding of this.
If anything that you are calling “post-mill” were a literal 1000 years it would not make sense (see CCC 663-665).Is it possible to believe in post-mill, and still be within the Church’s teachings?