Can God hear me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter humbled
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

humbled

Guest
I believe I am in a state of mortal sin. I’m so, so ashamed of myself, I feel dirty and I know very well that I should. I’m going to get to a confession service tomorrow night, but in the meantime I’m scared to death. I want divine comfort and strength… but I feel terrible asking for it because I feel so dirty.

Can God hear my prayers even though I willfully severed my connection with him? I do hope so… I need His help now more than ever. 😦
 
It sounds to me like you genuinely regret what you’ve done. Furthermore, your regret is taking the form of repentance–you want to be forgiven, and you sincerely intend to go to confession ASAP. From what I know (which isn’t vast) these are all signs that you have Contrition–sincerity, genuine repentance. Given that, I would say that God hears your prayers. Seek His forgiveness, and maintain your intentions to follow through with confession. In that light, there’s no reason I can think of, nor any Teaching (though again, I know little) that would say God doesn’t hear your prayers, even in the meantime until you go to Confession.
 
Can God hear my prayers even though I willfully severed my connection with him? I do hope so… I need His help now more than ever. 😦
God certainly can. And the first prayer you should pray is:

O my God,
I am heartily sorry for
having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of heaven,
and the pains of hell;
but most of all because
they offend Thee, my God,
Who are all good and
deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve,
with the help of Thy grace,
to confess my sins,
to do penance,
and to amend my life.

Amen.

Or in Latin:

DEUS meus, ex toto corde poenitet me omnium meorum peccatorum, eaque detestor, quia peccando, non solum poenas a Te iuste statutas promeritus sum, sed praesertim quia offendi Te, summum bonum, ac dignum qui super omnia diligaris. Ideo firmiter propono, adiuvante gratia Tua, de cetero me non peccaturum peccandique occasiones proximas fugiturum. Amen.

This is a perfect act of contrition. And God will repair the rift between you and He: all you need to do is ask Him.

However, for the sake of truly entering into communion with the Church again, it is necessary to confess your sins to a priest. This is God’s chosen way of inviting you back into His arms, so you may again taste life in Him.

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Some of the most beautiful words in existence!

God bless, you will be in my prayers.
 
I believe I am in a state of mortal sin. I’m so, so ashamed of myself, I feel dirty and I know very well that I should. I’m going to get to a confession service tomorrow night, but in the meantime I’m scared to death. I want divine comfort and strength… but I feel terrible asking for it because I feel so dirty.

Can God hear my prayers even though I willfully severed my connection with him? I do hope so… I need His help now more than ever. 😦
Yes, God can and does hear your prayers. Keep asking.

Just as importantly, continue listening to Him. You obviously are hearing something, but just remember the story of the Prodigal Son and remember the love and joy the father had at the return of his wayward son.

God bless you.

Peace

Tim
 
God never rejects us, God never stops loving us, God is love. When we sin, we seperate ourselves from him. This doesn’t mean he doesn’t hear our prayer, if anything, I suspect he is listening even more if that is possible. Remember:
Luke 15:10
10 So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

*10 “Before the angels”… By this it is plain that the spirits in heaven have a concern for us below, and a joy at our repentance and consequently a knowledge of it. *

If the angels are rejoicing, it is hard to imagine that God is ignoring…just my humble opinion.
 
God never rejects us, God never stops loving us, God is love. When we sin, we seperate ourselves from him. This doesn’t mean he doesn’t hear our prayer, if anything, I suspect he is listening even more if that is possible. Remember:
Luke 15:10
10 So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

*10 “Before the angels”… By this it is plain that the spirits in heaven have a concern for us below, and a joy at our repentance and consequently a knowledge of it. *

If the angels are rejoicing, it is hard to imagine that God is ignoring…just my humble opinion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top