Can I be punished for having a bad memory

  • Thread starter Thread starter ConnorMM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ConnorMM

Guest
What happens if I forget that I have committed a mortal sin, and therefore, I don’t confess it before I die. Would I go to hell?
 
Last edited:
If you have truly forgotten to confess a sin, you still are absolved of your sins.
But you still can confess that sin at the next confession.
 
What happens if I forget that I have committed a mortal sin, and therefore, I don’t confess it before I die. Would I go to hell?
God is not sitting there waiting for you to get trapped into a sin. God is just but He is also your merciful, loving and caring Father. He wants what is best for you, He also wants to see you in Heaven.

I think we as Catholics need to see how God is sorrowful when we sin. That sin leads us further and further away from Him. Mortal sin leads us to a point where the relationship is so much ruined, that without saying we´re sorry, it´s hard to fix. When dying in a state of mortal sin, we are seriously risking to end up in Hell. But if that happens, it´s not because God is punishing you, but rather a decision you made by committing the sin. But if God knows you would have repented this mortal sin, and have went to valid Confessions after committing it (where you confessed all mortal sins that was to remember at the time), you are forgiven!

Remember that above all, God is reasonable. He loves you, and as a result of that He doesn´t want to send anyone to Hell. He wants to have you close to Him, to love you, and guide you. It´s just that we as humans are opposing it from time to time through sin.
 
God doesn’t play “gotcha” with us. If the sin was truly forgotten, there was no way for you to confess it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top