Can I get sick drinking from the Communion cup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MissJoAnna
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MissJoAnna

Guest
Hi everyone,

I am new here and I hope that is okay.

I was raised Catholic, and attend Church fairly regularly, but should be going more…

Today I went for Ash Wednesday.

When it was Communion time, I went up. I also usually receive the Blood of Christ. I forgot that I had an irritation/sore on my tongue from eating too many oranges. I guess vitamin C will do that and I ate way too many of them!

So I accepted the Blood of Christ.

I am concerned and worried that I may become sick from doing this. Is AIDS able to be spread via chalice cup combined with my irritation or sore…?

I am quite concerned, and I am not accusing my fellow parishioners but I am somewhat concerned.

Do I need to see the doctor?

I would appreciate some helpful answers on this subject if possible.

What about colds and such?

Thanks again, and I am pleased to meet everybody.

Just FYI- the sore or irritation on my tongue was clearly a result of oranges, not something that I got from kissing my husband.

Please advise. Thank you and God Bless!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top