Can I go to a Protestant Service? - and Religious Freedom

• Thread starter Thread starter JoshuaHamm2004194
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a process for that, that includes a profession of faith and a reception into the church plus the reception of the remaining sacraments of initiation— Confirmation and Eucharist.
The thing is, I have already received communion (Eucharist) at my local parish. I even asked the priest if that was okay, and he said ‘‘yes’’.

P.S. Also, I am okay. I’m safe and I don’t suffer from any major or serious physical or psychological abuse from my parents, in case you were wondering. But I have been slapped and hit before for speaking my mind about certain things.

Last edited:
Depending on your age, it may also be possible to be emancipated from your parents (meaning you are independent before 18), but that is also a complicated legal process.
Doesn’t it also means you have to pay your own way in life unless you can get someone else to help you. You are legally saying your parents have no responsibility for you, at all?

@JoshuaHamm2004194, I’m was asking which specific Protestant church, but it sounds more like it’s just your parents whom have a problem with the ‘Our Father’ prayer not the church.

Are being abused by your parents? If you are, you need to go to the authority, social services, the police.

but it’s not a sin to go to a Protestant service… I’m active in both a Catholic church and a Lutheran church… the priests of both churches know that I attend both services every Sunday.

Lying to God, on the other hand is a different story. God knows what is in your heart and mind, never lie to Him about the relationship you want to have with Him… no matter where you go to worship Him.

So unless the church your family is forcing you to go to does not worship God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. I would just by my time and be respectful to my parents… doesn’t mean I can’t say the ‘Our Father’ every time I want to even if it’s only in the privacy of my heart, mind and bedroom. 🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back