C
CSUNGerrie
Guest
Hello,
I am a recent Catholic convert (still taking RCAI classes). I believe that the Eucharist is the real presence, the body of Christ. I DO NOT take it symbolicly.
However, my question is whether it is ok to celebrate the breaking of bread with my family done symbolicly. I dont mean if it is ok to partake in communion in a protestant service. I know that would be a sin since it insults the real presence found in the Eucharist.
I guess I was wondering if it is ok to do it among friends with the full knowledge that this particular gesture is just a re-enactment of the real thing that is found at Mass. I suppose someone might say if I dont do it in protestant service, why should I do it among my friends.
Is there a difference between rejection the real presence and partaking in protestant communion and say… not rejecting the real presence but breaking bread with fellow catholic friends as a means of remembering Jesus when we are not at Mass. Is it any diffrent that say… wearing a cross while at the same time, knowing that the figure on your cross is not Jesus but you wear it anyway because it reminds you of the real thing.
Any insight would into this would be greatly appreciated.
I am a recent Catholic convert (still taking RCAI classes). I believe that the Eucharist is the real presence, the body of Christ. I DO NOT take it symbolicly.
However, my question is whether it is ok to celebrate the breaking of bread with my family done symbolicly. I dont mean if it is ok to partake in communion in a protestant service. I know that would be a sin since it insults the real presence found in the Eucharist.
I guess I was wondering if it is ok to do it among friends with the full knowledge that this particular gesture is just a re-enactment of the real thing that is found at Mass. I suppose someone might say if I dont do it in protestant service, why should I do it among my friends.
Is there a difference between rejection the real presence and partaking in protestant communion and say… not rejecting the real presence but breaking bread with fellow catholic friends as a means of remembering Jesus when we are not at Mass. Is it any diffrent that say… wearing a cross while at the same time, knowing that the figure on your cross is not Jesus but you wear it anyway because it reminds you of the real thing.
Any insight would into this would be greatly appreciated.
- Gerrie