Can someone explain to me John 14:2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter callmeChris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

callmeChris

Guest
It says “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

Can anyone explain to me this? Does this verse mean that these different rooms/mansions signify different creeds, and religions? I believe that the Beatific vision is reserved for Catholics, and that this is one of those rooms that Jesus spoke about. What does the Catholic Church teach on the beatific vision and what Jesus meant in this verse?
 
It says “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

Can anyone explain to me this? Does this verse mean that these different rooms/mansions signify different creeds, and religions? I believe that the Beatific vision is reserved for Catholics, and that this is one of those rooms that Jesus spoke about. What does the Catholic Church teach on the beatific vision and what Jesus meant in this verse?
You know how we are known as the bride of Christ? Well when a Jewish man at the time was engaged to a woman, he goes and prepares an extension on the house until he is told that the house is ready and he gets his bride. At least this is what I have been told, I can neither confirm or deny the validity of that statement.

The beatific vision is for anyone who chooses Christ. Catholics and non-catholic Christians alike. In fact the catechism states that Jews and Muslims are in as long as they follow what God has revealed to them. This is also similar to the question “what about those who haven’t heard of Jesus?” God reveals Himself to everyone in every religion, Christianity just happens to have the fullness of truth. C.S. Lewis tells a story of a soldier who worshiped Tash, Aslan’s enemy. The soldier had only heard of Aslan in passing and knew nothing of Him. He had been very faithful to Tash and worshiped Tash for his honor justice and power. When the man died he encountered Aslan face to face and asked him, “Oh Great Lion! Whilst thou now devour me?” To which Aslan responds, “My son for though you knew only Tash, it was me you have been seeking after all these years. For Tash’s honory, justice and power really belongs to me. Well done good and faithful servant.” Everyone who enters the pearly gates goes through Jesus.
That is mostly just my opinion though, I hope it helped!
 
It says “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

Can anyone explain to me this? Does this verse mean that these different rooms/mansions signify different creeds, and religions? I believe that the Beatific vision is reserved for Catholics, and that this is one of those rooms that Jesus spoke about. What does the Catholic Church teach on the beatific vision and what Jesus meant in this verse?
As the Catholic Church teaches, salvation is not limited to Catholics.
 
It says “In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

Can anyone explain to me this? Does this verse mean that these different rooms/mansions signify different creeds, and religions? I believe that the Beatific vision is reserved for Catholics, and that this is one of those rooms that Jesus spoke about. What does the Catholic Church teach on the beatific vision and what Jesus meant in this verse?
D-R Bible, Haydock Commentary:

Ver. 2. In my Father’s house. He does not say of your Father: for though God be the Father of all by creation, and of the just, by the grace of adoption; yet Christ in several places, calls him his Father, in a quite different sense, that is, as he was his eternal Father, as the ancient interpreters observe. (Witham) — These many mansions signify different degrees of glory in heaven. (St. Jerome, lib. ii. adv. Jovin.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top