Can the devil and his demons read our mind?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mannyfit75
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mannyfit75

Guest
Can the devil and his demons read our mind? I also wonder if angels can read our minds.

What is the Catholic Church stance on this?
 
Why do you ask this question? What do you think is the answer from what you know about the faith?
 
Why do you ask this question? What do you think is the answer from what you know about the faith?
I don’t realy know what you mean by that. But this I do believe, that God alone can read our minds having made mankind to His likeness. When satin thought of refusing to obey God he lost the glory given him in all forms.
He cannot love he will mimic what to we humans may seem Godly, but as the Bible says be weary of he who comes dressed like the Lamb but is the wolf in disguise. His greatest instruments are to make us think
I can do every thing with out God,
I v’e gotta look after No 1,
I deserve position and posession they are the most importaint parts of life,
I have the right to have what you call yours
I need that you don’t use it
The I…I…I… factor and others.
Look at the 10 commandments you will get it all from there.👍
 
I don’t realy know what you mean by that. But this I do believe, that God alone can read our minds having made mankind to His likeness. When satin thought of refusing to obey God he lost the glory given him in all forms.
He cannot love he will mimic what to we humans may seem Godly, but as the Bible says be weary of he who comes dressed like the Lamb but is the wolf in disguise. His greatest instruments are to make us think
I can do every thing with out God,
I v’e gotta look after No 1,
I deserve position and posession they are the most importaint parts of life,
I have the right to have what you call yours
I need that you don’t use it
The I…I…I… factor and others.
Look at the 10 commandments you will get it all from there.👍
 
Dear Manny,

Good question. I’ve always assumed the devil can read our minds, since many of our sins are committed in our minds without any external actions.

Let’s here what others have to say.
 
No angel or demon can read our mind if we do not allow them to.
God of course does read our mind.

Angels even fallen ones can because of their high intelligence see through our behavior and so on a big part of what’s in our minds.
 
Wow!!! Thanks Neithan, I didn’t know the Summa was on-line. Thanks for the link!!!👍
 
Why do you ask this question? What do you think is the answer from what you know about the faith?
I ask because in Exorcism the demons seen to know a lot of things about the priests… and people around their.
 
Satan is the formidable enemy.

Satan nor his demons can read our minds but his high intelligence allows him to read (from our external) much of us which we humans cannot always perceive of each other.

It is very hard to hide our innermost thoughts and even when we are alone, our face and body language can reveal a thousand things about our thought processes and what we are thinking about that a mere human may over look or not perceive but satan can perceive about us in a second.

Satan can see what we see and nothing more, but he perceives far much more than we. He is not allowed to know our innermost heart not unless God would allow him.

But whether satan perceives or not is immaterial, he has lost, the battle is over, the Victory is Christ Jesus’ and it is ours if we remain in Christ Jesus. It is a battle in reverse which is no good for those who do not believe in the ending already written but has not yet happened. But for those who believe and trust in Christ Jesus, we know the end and so we have nothing to fear despite our weakness and no matter what may happen personally to us.

Don’t worry about satan, just ignore him, he is a joke worthy only of laughing at full in the face. Just keep close to Jesus and in times of assault from the evil one, just hide in the Sacred Heart of Jesus and place all of your trust in the Truine God.

Whatever else we have in life it is as nothing; we must cling to one thing alone in faith and that is the Cross of Christ Jesus made present in the Eucharist.

Pray, hope, wait, trust and stop worrying

In my prayers.
 
If you have sin in your mind, he can see it. If you have sin in your heart, he can see it.He knows his own and use’s it to make others fall.
 
If you have sin in your mind, he can see it. If you have sin in your heart, he can see it.He knows his own and use’s it to make others fall.
What do you mean by this? How do you explain this in context with the temptation of Jesus?
 
Jesus was without sin. I don’t believe the devil knew Jesus’s heart, only scripture. Peter’s sin tried to keep Jesus from the cross. And Jesus replied, “Get behind me , satan”. Tim
 
I was just going by my own spiritual battle. In no way have I been attacked like Christ was, so I can’t compare. It was just MHO. Tim
 
Jesus was without sin. I don’t believe the devil knew Jesus’s heart, only scripture. Peter’s sin tried to keep Jesus from the cross. And Jesus replied, “Get behind me , satan”. Tim
Satan doesn’t know anyone’s heart, he can’t God doesn’t allow it. Satan only knows what he is allowed to see and he also is not present everywhere, omnipresence is only attributable to God. True satan roams the earth seeking the ruin of souls, but satan cannot force anyone to do anything.

The battle of humanity is twofold. The battle against the fallen nature and the battle against evil spirits. It is not always easy to discern which battle a soul is fighting though both battles have one source and that is satan, he is not always present creating these battles.

In the battle of the fallen nature the soul battles temptations that arise from within it due to original sin and though the soul may be baptised this does not take away the effects of original sin which is concupisence. The soul is a broken vessel that requires healing and recreating by God to become His Tabernacle, once the soul is fittingly prepared the Lord will indwell it in all of His Majesty and Glory though the soul does not perceive this in its fullness this side of life and this is called Spiritual Marriage.

The will of the soul may be fixed on doing the Lord’s will and is unified here with Jesus in this, but because of concupisence the soul despite all of its will still commits sins that it does not desire nor will to do.

The battle is therefore to heal the soul of its concupisence and this is an arduous path, as arduous as Calvary and many demons arise here from within the soul once the soul makes a committment of will to obey the Father in Christ Jesus. This is a way of prayer and it involves purfication, illumination and unification of the soul to the likeness of Christ and to, God Willing, Union with Jesus.

Once a soul travels far down this path this soul may experience actual attacks from satan himself or from one of his evil spirits, a demon. These direct attacks are to deter the soul from the meritous path he/she is now travelling upon with Jesus and God allows these onslaughts to among many other things inspire the soul to proceed down the path because satan does not personally attack those that he already has within his grips. Satan has gripped of the will of those through the ‘self’ and they are the souls that constantly receive graces from God but reject them, they do the will of satan without repentance, still God’s mercy is constantly present to them for them to accept. Satan may grip a soul and it’s will but his grip is limited and reversable

How does satan know a soul is on this path?

Their growth in virtue, their spiritual zeal for Jesus, increase in prayer and receipt of the Eucharist. Satan knows where the Holy Spirit is present in a soul and hounds Him like a dog. Satan doesn’t want us, he just desires to deprive God of His Children. It is the Holy Spirit, the Truine God and all of the Angels and Saints who are in the Spirit that satan wages his battle against and he wages it by the means of God’s creation and humanity whom God loves so very much that He sent His only Son to die for…

You are right in that we can be satan to each other just as we can be Jesus to each other. This being ‘satan’ to each other is not always a direct action/attack of satan himself but can simply be due to the concupisence of another. This also is not always a mortal sin and there is forgiveness and repentance. St Peter became the great Saint precisely because of God’s grace and his repentance and God’s forgiveness.

I tend not to like to give satan any credit at all, he may have certain intelligence higher than our own but I do not need to be intelligent to be victorious, all I need is faith in Christ Jesus lived with my life. All of satan’s intelligence amounts to nothing, he is nothing and will eternally be nothing and all of his unholy hate for those who love Jesus amounts to nothing.
 
I ask because in Exorcism the demons seen to know a lot of things about the priests… and people around their.
I am probably dead wrong, but here goes. I was told (I think by a priest or deacon, was a little while ago) that Satan can read our minds when we are in a state of mortal sin but not in a state of Grace and it is for this reason that before every Exorcism everyone who is a part of the same must attend confession first.

Like I said I could be wrong so please feel free to correct me.
 
I am probably dead wrong, but here goes. I was told (I think by a priest or deacon, was a little while ago) that Satan can read our minds when we are in a state of mortal sin but not in a state of Grace and it is for this reason that before every Exorcism everyone who is a part of the same must attend confession first.

Like I said I could be wrong so please feel free to correct me.
Satan is the formidable enemy but he cannot read our minds. He is afterall a created spiritual being and in and of himself possesses nothing unless it is allowed he possess it. He cannot do what he is not allowed to do, he can be bound inasmuchas he can be loosed by God. But certainly what he cannot do is read the mind. We can know this from Sacred Scripture where only God can search the souls of men and this can be read in the Psalms.

It is a mystery why God allows diabolical activity, but it is known that whatever evil may be loosed it is always defeated in Christ Jesus, though it may have a time where it seems to prevail. Therefore we have nothing to fear.

Prior to exorcisms all participating attend confession so that they are not tempted and tormented by the evil one with any sins that may be upon their souls. Absolution and the great graces received at confession are great protection against any attempts on those present by the evil one.

If we have committed mortal sin it is absolutely certain satan knows of it and will use every weakness we have against us, the sin may have come about by our broken nature but satan will add torment to injury.

I think this is enough talk about the evil one, fascination with him is not a recommended activity. He so likes to be thought about, the thoughts, the mind being his inroad into the soul to corrupt it. No good ever came by giving satan thought space.

It would be better to occupy our thoughts with Jesus and then the heart will grow in love and virtue by always thinking of Jesus.
 
Prior to exorcisms all participating attend confession so that they are not tempted and tormented by the evil one with any sins that may be upon their souls. Absolution and the great graces received at confession are great protection against any attempts on those present by the evil one.

If we have committed mortal sin it is absolutely certain satan knows of it and will use every weakness we have against us, the sin may have come about by our broken nature but satan will add torment to injury.
Thank you. This is what I have been told also (it was a while ago so my memory is a little sketchy). Like I said:
Originally Posted by Myangel
I am probably dead wrong
🙂
 
It is good to read what you have writen Bs. I don’t think too many people have this kind of information. Having it can only enhanse our strength in wearing the sheald of rightsiousness that we are to put on each day.

Quote from Blessedstar
You are right in that we can be satan to each other just as we can be Jesus to each other. This being ‘satan’ to each other is not always a direct action/attack of satan himself but can simply be due to the concupisence of another. This also is not always a mortal sin and there is forgiveness and repentance. St Peter became the great Saint precisely because of God’s grace and his repentance and God’s forgiveness end of Quote
.
Quote from Blessedstar
I tend not to like to give satan any credit at all, he may have certain intelligence higher than our own but I do not need to be intelligent to be victorious, all I need is faith in Christ Jesus lived with my life. All of satan’s intelligence amounts to nothing, he is nothing and will eternally be nothing and all of his unholy hate for those who love Jesus amounts to nothing.

end of Quote

I remember in prayer Jesus put a thought through my mind that went like this. Son of man I do not need your educational ability nor do I want it. What I need is your availability and if you become available to my will, if I think I will use your ability then I will choose to do so.
Satin thinks he has much information and that is his down fall. He compares himself to God, and that is also his down fall, against God he is not even a pin head.
God made US to His likeness God is mercy and it is in His love in mercy that he would NEVER allow satin to understand our thoughts. That is why Jesus said be awear of he who comes dressed as the lamb but is the wolf in discuise. He will put thought in our mind that seem good but the out come is what we have to be very weary about.

Another point is that we are able to love and God gives us the spirit to love that is what satin can never do or know about. Therefore he can never know our minds that can think loving thoughts from God and like God ( in a small way). We will go to be with God if our names are in the book of life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top