Can we believe in astral projection?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joyful_Catholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to use it to talk to animals and visit distant lands.
What? Talk to animals? No, you seee that
makes no sense at all,and its a physical impossibility.
Besides,
Lord Jesus might think we were silly
if we tried it.

I think you are mixing up astral projection and lucid dreamin a little bit, though…:confused: .

Lucid dreaming is when you realize you are in a dream, so you can therefore control what is happening. Astral projection is when you have your energetic body pushed out of you and go to different planes of existence.

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether one is lucid dreaming or actually projecting. But they do feel different, and astral projection has exit sensations while in lucid dreaming, since you do not leave your body, does not.
 
Blacktiger-

I wasn’t mixing up LD and AP.With AP,you actually BELIEVE its happening,and with LD, you do not.Yes,talking to animals IS a physical impossibility-It cannot really happen-but in a dream,you can imagine it,and theres nothing wrong with that.Pleasent dreams are a gift from God-why wouldn’t he want us to enjoy them like that?

But with AP,you do not imagine it-you really believe it is happening.And it is physically impossible for it to really happen.I do not belive in it and I think it is silly.

Note:If you belive in AP,I respect that,and good for you.
 
Yes, I do agree that being in two places at once is phsyically impossible.
And it is physically impossible for it to really happen.
But dreams and AP are not physical things. Theoretically, you can only have one being in each level of being. So, in the phsyica, your physical body exist. Then, using proper technique, you project an astral body on the astral plane. You always have an astral body, but are not often consciousness of it because your physical dominates it…when we spearate the astral form the physical, we can focus more clearly on one. And with the astral, you can fly, move through walls, etc. because the astral planes are different from the physical.

This isn’t to make you believe, that is your own opinion. I am just explaining that AP is not physical.
 
You bring up an excellant point. First, I do not think this is so. People who are possessed usually develope mental problems or go crazy, after a number of years. He would be dead, in theory, because he has been testing what he does for 30+ years.

Now, imagine if we had this attitude for everything…Following this viewpoint, I could just as easily say that the Church is really motivated by demons, but demons, being deceptive, we do not realize it. I could say that maybe you are being manipulated by demons and putting me off from knowing something wonderful.

Both of these conclusions are ridiculous, but I’m just trying to make a point that we can be suspicious of everything with this view.
I hear where you are coming from and you are very naive.

You are wrong about the going crazy stuff with possession and what not. For instance, in a state of Perfect Posession a person can be a completely functioning person from the outside. Just void of Love. It depends on teh type of demon possessing. It is perfectly possible that a person in a state of possession is able to write a book.

You don’t need to be suspisious, you need to be cautious. Caution is what you appear to lack. Your defense of your lack of caution always is supported by this same argument about suspicion. You need not assume that everyone here is overly suspicious as you really can’t draw that conclusion.
 
Coreopisis,

Well, responding to your first paragraph, I guess it’s how you define magick. And we could get into a very heavy debate about this, so let’s not argue over terms and how to define things.

Scientists have conducted research with brainwaves(beta, alpha, theta, etc.) They have also done tests to semi-‘prove’ astral projection. These tests include things like placing a card in a box, then projecting into the box to see what the card is.

Astral Dynamics has many differnt theories based on these experiments, so there is an actual idea of how the process works. But I know it is real, and if you actually tried it you would too…but this debate might not be over that, but whether the Bible prohibits it.
Again, just because they know how it works doesn’t mean it isn’t dangerous to your soul.

I’ve read all about Astral projection and the like and of all that I’ve read the results are inconclusive. With the box example you’ve given for instance they argue that there could be some sort of telepathy going on, instead of astral projection. They can’t eliminate the possibility of either. Other scientists, christian based, would argue that a demon could tell the person what was in the box. Science cna’t prove or disprove that either. Again inconclusion.

Oh and for the “suspicion” argument you are likely to use here. This is not suspicion this is science. Science does not rule out any possibility without conclusive proof. With that being said they couldn’t rule out the demonic influences as well.

Although I understand your reluctance to look at such possibilities. I know it isn’t comfortable.
 
Yes, I do agree that being in two places at once is phsyically impossible.

But dreams and AP are not physical things. Theoretically, you can only have one being in each level of being. So, in the phsyica, your physical body exist. Then, using proper technique, you project an astral body on the astral plane. You always have an astral body, but are not often consciousness of it because your physical dominates it…when we spearate the astral form the physical, we can focus more clearly on one. And with the astral, you can fly, move through walls, etc. because the astral planes are different from the physical.

This isn’t to make you believe, that is your own opinion. I am just explaining that AP is not physical.
I believe when considering anything including AP you should be open minded enough to consider all possibilities which seems to be what you don’t want to consider black tiger.

With that being said, again, I offer the possibility of the demonic realm not out of suspicion but out of possibility which no one can argue. It is a valid possibility.

I read of an exorcism recently where a man believed he was able to see aura’s and know things and he was a parapsychologist. He started practicing AP and all of that. In the end he was in a state of severe posession. The demon used his ‘openess’ to these new age beliefs against him. After the exorcism they talked to this man to figure out hwo he thinks he became possessed and he said that, and he was sad to admit, as he was ‘practicing’ astral projection the demon actually gave him the feeling that this is what he was doing and in accepting that feeling he also accepted the posession and invited the demon in.

Hey you say you are open to anything so you should be open to hearing this. If AP is possible then so is possession through AP.

However I see that you’ve made a choice to take this risk either through the arrogance of assuming you are above possession, through ignorance of assuming such a thing couldn’t happen, or closed-mindedness where you refuse to awknowledge the possibility.

Your sources have no credibility as they haven’t conclusively proved anything and they haven’t even begun to prove to any of us that there would be no risk to ones soul in doing such a thing. I suppose it is possible that such a thing could exist but on the other hand I know that posession and demons absolutely do exist. You are arguing the maybe against the absolute. For me the absolute wins.

Why are you discussing such a thing on a Catholic Forum? Are you questioning your beliefs and practices? If not maybe you could find a forum that is more accepting of your views like a new age forum or one on the paranormal.
 
Well…Astral projection is widely known Out of Body Experience.There are lots of ongoing debates as to whether it is an innate ability or is something that anyone can develop and acquire. The process simply means that you have the ability to leave your physical body. This often takes place during sleep when people’s minds fall asleep, allowing their subconsciouses mind to take over. In fact, most experts suggest that every one of us experience this procedure but we rarely notice it or remember.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top