C
cathdoki
Guest
What a sad excuse for God you believe in. As I said. You make salvation a matter of chance. Jesus NEVER did so. Fortunately, your God is not the Christian God. The God who lived for 33 years as a human to show us how to TRY to live. Then gave His life horrifically for those that believed in Him and lived as best they could. I couldn’t worship a God of chance. Sounds pretty pagan to me.That’s right. This situation is possible. No one deserves heaven and certainly not someone who has committed the infinite sin (in a certain sense) against an Almighty God who created him. There are several dicta in the writings of the Fathers about those who were damned after their first mortal sin, including, according to St. Gregory the Great (if my memory serves me correctly; I read it quoted in the work of a different Doctor of the Church), the occasion of a 5-year-old boy who after his first mortal sin, that of blasphemy, was immediately swallowed up by the earth, his soul being sent to hell to await the return of his body at the end of time.
Okay, I’ll bite. Where does the Church teach that someone can be saved who is repentant but without a perfect act of contrition and the desire to go to confession (which is implied in the perfect act of contrition)?