Can you please give me an advice about this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maathw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maathw

Guest
Hi Can you please give an advice about the thoughts on past sins. So recently I having these thoughts about my sinful past. I am only 14 and I dont know what to do. I am doing regular things and routines the boom. A past sinful thought come in to mind. I quickly try to diamiss them but sometimes they still play on my mind. Is this sinful? Is the Lord calling me to a General Confession?
 
Last edited:
I have experienced similar things. I used to be addicted to pornography, but the memories of what I saw are still quite strong. I can be in the middle of anything and, without warning, BAM! those images will shoot into my mind. For the following 20 minutes or so, all I can think about are those things I saw in the past. Colossians 3 says to set your mind on things that are above.

It may be that God is calling you to repentance, but if it’s something that you have already confessed, it may be a demonic attack on your life. No need to panic; just think on spiritual things, as it says in Colossians 3. Ask the Lord to rescue you out of these situations. Don’t feel guilty about it, just keep fighting these thoughts. 🙂
 
Last edited:
First thought - you say you quickly try to dismiss them but they sometimes continue to play on your mind. It could be just your mind in a loop, or it could be a temptation to get you to consent to these thoughts and relive or dwell on them which would then be consenting to these thoughts.

As long as you continue to try to not think of them, think of other things, distract your mind to other matters, even though the struggle may last for some time, you are resisting the thinking of these thoughts and there is no sin.

It becomes sin, once you stop resisting these thoughts and start to examine them or think about that particular past sin, because then you are willingly thinking about them.
 
Yes, think of other things, like the Chinese Great Wall, where the thoughts that plague you are on the other side. The more they clamour, the higher you build it.
 
They are intrusive thoughts, it’s not a demonic attack, it’s a psychological issue. I’ve had them for a while and I still have them. You are so ashamed of what you did in the past and the things you did are things that NOW you really despise, so the shame and the fear of doing these things again prompts your mind to play these thoughts ( even though you rationally think that you don’t want to do this things ever again).
You don’t have to indulge in the thoughts: when the thought comes in your mind you need to ignore it. Don’t think “why am I thinking this or why is this thing in my mind, does it come from me, do I want to sin”, just IGNORE it. The thought does not come from you. You don’t want to think it, this is why these type of thoughts are called intrusive.
It’s not a sin, it can actually be a mental health issue, don’t be scared, if you have the possibility talk with a psychologist.
 
Here’s my advice:

I’ve dealt with obsessive and recurring thoughts before. It sucks; I know. I feel for you.

I agree with the poster that mentioned Colossians 3. Get your mind on other things and stay focused. Imagine that, once you’re thinking these other things; be like a soldier digging in fortifications like a trench. Dig in your heels and ride it out as these thoughts batter you.

Think of your moral values and hold onto them no matter how these thoughts assault you. Another verse to remember is, I can’t remember who wrote it and where in the NT it is; to resist the devil and he will eventually leave.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top