Canada's version of Roe vs Wade

• Thread starter Thread starter Feanaro_s_Wife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Feanaro_s_Wife

This article is from 2003 but I felt the need to provide some background info in light of the made for TV movie I will discuss below.

theglobeandmail.com/series/morgentaler/

an exerpt from the article:

“The small, wiry Auschwitz survivor, number 95077, is an unlikely champion of women’s rights - but in the past 35 years Dr. Henry Morgentaler has never wavered in his determination to secure abortion services for Canadians. On the eve of the 15th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark decision, he is preparing to open clinics in the Arctic.”

There will be a movie aired on our very own CTV station (what a great asset to our canadian culture:( ) about Dr. Henry Morgentaler. I wanted to get it out here before someone else does and let you know that as a Canadian it sickens me. So please don’t asume that all of us Canadians want this man to be honored and congratulated.

ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/1102529030137_97937333/

an excerpt from this sad article:

“Toronto, Ontario (December 7, 2004) - CTV announced today that its next Signature Series movie, Choice: The Henry Morgentaler Story, will air Wednesday, January 5 at 9 p.m. (check local listings). The two-hour biopic recounts the tumultuous life story of Henry Morgentaler, a man who led the controversial movement that ultimately changed abortion laws in Canada. The January 2005 airdate coincides with the 17th anniversary of the Supreme Court of Canada decision to change the country’s abortion laws (Jan. 28/1988) and the 35th anniversary of Morgentaler’s decision to end his practice as a GP and to begin performing abortions (1970).”

I am sorry that this is not as well written as most of the posts in this forum. But I hope you can look past my incompetence to the issue.

Malia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back