A
AveChriste11
Guest
Dear all,
I have been curious about something. A year or so ago, someone told me that if I was going to be Catholic I must subject myself to the Church’s laws. I told this person about my previous experiences where I fell into heresy and downright apostasized from the Christian faith. She said that according to canon law, she could not talk to me unless it was for “spiritual or corporal support” because of my previous heretical views. I never understood this, because her logic was that there is only one Church… and these other “denominations” aren’t ultimately real. Therefore even if you were baptized into a Baptist church, it was really into the Catholic Church. Are non-Catholics subject to canon law, the way she seemed to be implying?
I have been curious about something. A year or so ago, someone told me that if I was going to be Catholic I must subject myself to the Church’s laws. I told this person about my previous experiences where I fell into heresy and downright apostasized from the Christian faith. She said that according to canon law, she could not talk to me unless it was for “spiritual or corporal support” because of my previous heretical views. I never understood this, because her logic was that there is only one Church… and these other “denominations” aren’t ultimately real. Therefore even if you were baptized into a Baptist church, it was really into the Catholic Church. Are non-Catholics subject to canon law, the way she seemed to be implying?