K
KiwiBird87
Guest
Hi. I don’t want to gross anyone out, so please don’t read if you think you might be. I feel bad asking for prayers about this since there are so many more serious issues that need prayer right now, and so many people whose problems are not of their own making, but I’ve got myself into a really bad cycle of bulimia somehow and I’ve been trying to stop for over two years now but I’m just falling further into this sin every day. It’s just disgusting - I know that there are thousands and thousands of people starving to death each day while I eat good food only to throw it back up. It’s horrible, selfish, gluttonous, greedy not to mention really gross. I can’t believe this is the person I’ve become. Three years ago I never would have imagined I’d be doing this, but I can’t seem to stop. I hate it so much. I hate throwing up, I hate that it’s hurting my teeth, I hate that my throat is always sore, I hate how guilty I always feel, how ashamed I am of who I’ve become, I hate having to hide the way I live from all my friends, my sister, my parents, I hate how I can waste so much knowing how other people are starving, I hate what that says about me. I’m such a spoiled stupid immature girl and I know it. My life would be perfect if it weren’t for me screwing it up, but I can’t seem to stop it! I don’t even enjoy eating anymore, but I do it anyway. Every day I say that I’ll stop, I’m not going to do this anymore, and then as soon as I have to face food, I lose control, and eat too much until I feel disgusting and fat and end up throwing up again. Once, twice, today it was three times. Every day it’s the same. I swear I won’t do it anymore and then I fail bitterly again, crashing and burning. I’m sure the devil is getting a huge kick out of me. Every time I fall I can feel him throwing it in my face. I say I love God, but why can’t I live the way I know He wants me to? I went to Eucharistic Adoration tonight and read Psalm 139, which I was assigned as a penance the confession before last. It’s so beautiful, talking about how we are wonderfully made by God. But every time I look in the mirror I’m filled with such disgust and hatred for the ugly person staring back at me, and I know that must hurt God, because I know that he made me and designed me to look the way I do. I know I’m wrong to feel this way, but I just hate myself so much, and I wish I could at least find a better, less sinful and wasteful and shameful way of dealing with how I feel about myself. Please pray for me, that I’ll be able to stop this sinful habit, and also pray for the people who are literally dying for the good food I throw away each day. Thanks