Cardinal Arinze On Private Revelations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fidelis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardinal Arinze has some very direct words to those who chase around after, and become obsessed with, private revelations:
Thanks Fidelis.
Its great to hear a Cardinal speak plain English. If only the Medjugorje set would take notice......but they wouldnt.
 
Thanks Fidelis.
Its great to hear a Cardinal speak plain English. If only the Medjugorje set would take notice......but they wouldnt.
You are probably right. Perhaps his words can have some effect on those who haven’t got caught up in this kind of foolishness, but for some people, it is definitely an obsession that becomes their whole life almost.

I’ve noticed an up-tick on Catholic radio call-in shows and in these forums with people getting tangled in supposed prophecies of a “Great Chastisement” and a “Great Period of Peace” and self-styling themselves as “prophets” by tying these private revelations with Scripture and the newspaper and trying to predict the future. I hope for their own sakes they heed the good Cardinal’s words.
 
Cardinal Arinze speaks the truth clearly, precisely and without fear. We need many more like him. As far as Medjugorje, it all come down to obedience for me. A lot of disobedience towards the local bishop. And some people do put more faith in the so-called private revelations than the Catholic Church. I believe all Catholics should be more prudent with these private revelations that have not been approved by the Church.

Also, there are a few Catholics in my area that are being misled by Holy Love Ministries. Any time I confront them on the subject, I can feel the tension inside of them. They do not like anyone questioning the validity of the revelations along with the local bishop officially coming out against it. The ones I have confronted all say the bishop is wrong & take the side of Holy Love Ministries. I try & explain how can this be true with all the disobedience, but they have blind faith or try to explain it away by saying it is an ecumenical organization. And these people are conservative Catholics, like myself, who are against Catholic disobedience with abortion, gay marriage, etc. But these same Catholics are doing the same thing and it doesn’t even register with them.

Lastly, St. Faustina stated, “Satan can even clothe himself in a cloak of humility, but he does not know how to wear the cloak of obedience.” (Diary, par. 939).
 
Also, there are a few Catholics in my area that are being misled by Holy Love Ministries. Any time I confront them on the subject, I can feel the tension inside of them. They do not like anyone questioning the validity of the revelations along with the local bishop officially coming out against it. The ones I have confronted all say the bishop is wrong & take the side of Holy Love Ministries. I try & explain how can this be true with all the disobedience, but they have blind faith or try to explain it away by saying it is an ecumenical organization. And these people are conservative Catholics, like myself, who are against Catholic disobedience with abortion, gay marriage, etc. But these same Catholics are doing the same thing and it doesn’t even register with them.
Wow, that’s a pretty sad state of affairs! These people really need your prayers that they might realize the sinfulness of disobedience to their bishop.

So much of that type of attitude reminds me of those who are obsesses by “Rapture” theology and the End Times. I sense a certain element of pride in them, as if becoming heavily invested in this stuff makes them feel they have some sort of super-spirituality or knowledge above and beyond average Christians- -sort of a Gnostic-type mentality that even over the head of the dumb old bishop. Of course only God knows these people’s hearts, but that is the impression I get.
 
I favored Cardinal Arinze to be elected at the last conclave.
So much for private revelation. 😃
 
Lastly, St. Faustina stated, “Satan can even clothe himself in a cloak of humility, but he does not know how to wear the cloak of obedience.” (Diary, par. 939).
Thank you so much for including this.
It’s SO impressive, especially in this day and age.
 
I love Cardinal Arinze!

You can view more videos on YouTube–he did a lot on Theology of the Body.

Or get the podcasts: arinze.libsyn.com/

(I think they are still available there, just not being updated any more.)
 
I know for a fact that the Medjugorje visions are real.

The Blessed Virgin revealed herself to me.

That’s a fact. Take it or leave it, but it resulted in my complete conversion. And, as far as it being Satan being clothed in humble dress, how can anyone doubt the abundance of holiness and goodness that come from authentic private revelations? Why would Satan give such messages? There is nothing evil about the Virgin’s messages. It is bettter to believe rather than to deny. What harm can be done by believing something so many people confess is true? After all, you believe in Jesus without actually seeing him. What is so hard about believe when so many people vow that it is real and true. All I know is that I doubt it all until that moment. I owe my salvation to the Blessed Mother. Even Pope John Paul II said that Medjugorje is the “spiritual center of the world.”

I do not make the apparitions the center of my life. Christ, prayer, and the Church are at the center of my life. This is so because of private revelation. And, yes, I follow Medjugorje and the Virgin Mary’s messages on the 25th and 2nd of each month. I am sure that the Pope recognizes the influence of private revelations on followers. Our God is a Living God. The Church is alive. Private revelations are a facet of that life.
 
Wow, that’s a pretty sad state of affairs! These people really need your prayers that they might realize the sinfulness of disobedience to their bishop.

So much of that type of attitude reminds me of those who are obsesses by “Rapture” theology and the End Times. I sense a certain element of pride in them, as if becoming heavily invested in this stuff makes them feel they have some sort of super-spirituality or knowledge above and beyond average Christians- -sort of a Gnostic-type mentality that even over the head of the dumb old bishop. Of course only God knows these people’s hearts, but that is the impression I get.
What are they teaching on the Rapture & End Times ? 😃

If the Church doesn’t clearly spell out its teaching on these topics, and openly defend/debate them … then inquisitive minds will always find a way to fill the vacuum.
Father Cantalamessa is very strong on need of Catholics being Spirit-Filled … and he has the Pope’s blessing for last 30 years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top