Cardinal Pell on the Synod

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at least one friend of Pell’s, Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, founder and editor of Ignatius Press, voiced skepticism that Pell was the author of the memo.

“I think it’s just pure speculation as to whether he’s the author or not,” Fessio said Jan. 12 on EWTN’s “The World Over with Raymond Arroyo.” “He’s said enough things publicly that we can understand what his views were on these things. I will take a sed contra on this. George Pell was a loyal son of the Church. He would not publicly criticize the Holy Father, and I doubt that he would put his signature to something, even anonymously, that would be public criticism.”
Fr Fessio echoes my own thoughts having read the Demos memo. Cdl Pell clandestinely circulating a memo among the Cardinals is so far from his direct nature. Its also weird that he would defend Becciu who was his nemesis and possibly involved in his false arrest in the first place.

The whole thing supports the speculation that there are a lobby hell bent on destroying Francis now that the Pope Em. B is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back