G
George_Craft
Guest
My lovely wife and I were blessed to be married in April. We are both in our fifties and our wedding was a beautiful ceremony con celebrated by both of our parish priests.
My question is fairly odd I would imagine, but is an issue I think many of us who marry at a later age face. We attended the Church’s teaching for those who are being married for a 2nd time. The children are all adults and on their own and we are beyond child having age. The problem I have is there was nothing taught or spoken of regarding caring for elderly parents. It all centered on combining families with children.
My mother lives with us. She is 87, has Alzheimer’s and is very difficult at times. We have had numerous meeting with our priest whom we both love and respect. Things have improved, but it’s still difficult. My wife is a true saint for what she tolerates. I don’t know how she does it. She doesn’t want to put my mother in a home, as she isn’t that bad, but the strain of this is visible.
Is anyone aware of a Catholic support group that can help us cope with this situation? We are in southern New Jersey. I looked at the Diocese of Trenton site and nothing is shown.
Thank you and God Bless.
My question is fairly odd I would imagine, but is an issue I think many of us who marry at a later age face. We attended the Church’s teaching for those who are being married for a 2nd time. The children are all adults and on their own and we are beyond child having age. The problem I have is there was nothing taught or spoken of regarding caring for elderly parents. It all centered on combining families with children.
My mother lives with us. She is 87, has Alzheimer’s and is very difficult at times. We have had numerous meeting with our priest whom we both love and respect. Things have improved, but it’s still difficult. My wife is a true saint for what she tolerates. I don’t know how she does it. She doesn’t want to put my mother in a home, as she isn’t that bad, but the strain of this is visible.
Is anyone aware of a Catholic support group that can help us cope with this situation? We are in southern New Jersey. I looked at the Diocese of Trenton site and nothing is shown.
Thank you and God Bless.