CAREN Act: San Francisco officials vote unanimously to ban racially-motivated 911 calls

• Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that successful prosecution will have to prove deliberate intent I think it will be rather difficult to prosecute successfully.

Not sure how it will be implemented. If it is implemented after the incident has been resolved and found that it was racially motivated, then I think it is fair, because it was a waste of resources.

But if they implement this during the call, and deem the call racially motivated, and do not act. That will be dangerous.

A person that calls 911 because they have not given them French Fries, can be charged. But the Police need to show up, because it can escalate, and we never know how bad it can get. After the fact, then the person who called can be charged.

And this must be equally applied. It seems racism is only from Whites to Blacks, and that is not true. Blacks are racist towards Hispanics, Asians and whites as well.

Last edited:
If it is implemented after the incident has been resolved and found that it was racially motivated, then I think it is fair, because it was a waste of resources.
After reading the article, that’s how I think they intend it to work. If I’m correct, then I agree that it’s a good move.

Given that successful prosecution will have to prove deliberate intent I think it will be rather difficult to prosecute successfully.
Yes. That and it can be used to waste resources on an investigation into whether a criminal was reported solely for his race. Sort of like if a member of a minority gets fired and claims racial discrimination where none existed and they were just a terrible employee.

First, defund the police.
Next, make people afraid to call the police.

Sounds good- but not for honest, law-abiding citizens.

If you come home late from work one night and see two men jacking up your friend’s car and taking the wheels and tires, are you going to get close enough to see what color or race they are? Are you going to ask them for ID, or ask if they know your friend? Sounds like the kind of thing that would be considered harassment if you did it but regular police work if a passing State Trooper did it.

Given one of the first questions the police ask when you report a crime is the victim’s race so they can identify the perpetrator, I can see endless claims of all crime reporting have a racial component.

If the word “caren” in the name of the act is really a not very veiled reference to the “Karen” epithet used to denote a demanding and privileged white woman, it makes me wonder why the authorities in SF hate white women so.

Imagine if somebody introducted something like this called the “Rastus Act” or the “Jose Jiminez Act” or the “Ah So Act”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back