L
lucky4075
Guest
Hello all, Ive posted a few times mostly over in the moral theology section. Im trying to discern wether or not I am called into the Coast Guard and I have a question or two.
Ive read over the Catechism section regarding the 5th commandment and I have been wondering- if its murder (intentional/premeditated homicide) that the commandment prohibits, why doesnt the catechism just say ‘thou shall not murder’ instead of going off into multiple sections about exceptions to ‘thou shall not kill’ which makes it a bit confusing?
Ive done an exhaustive research about all of this(looked up the original hebrew/greek words in the commandment, researched early church teaching, council of nicea, almost anything you can imagine.) Ive just lost alot of sleep wondering about all of this/ if Id be forgiven if I had to kill someone on duty.
thanks for any answers.
Ive read over the Catechism section regarding the 5th commandment and I have been wondering- if its murder (intentional/premeditated homicide) that the commandment prohibits, why doesnt the catechism just say ‘thou shall not murder’ instead of going off into multiple sections about exceptions to ‘thou shall not kill’ which makes it a bit confusing?
Ive done an exhaustive research about all of this(looked up the original hebrew/greek words in the commandment, researched early church teaching, council of nicea, almost anything you can imagine.) Ive just lost alot of sleep wondering about all of this/ if Id be forgiven if I had to kill someone on duty.
thanks for any answers.