Catholic and Democrat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nonie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention another Republican I would vote for is Gov. Mick Huckelby from Arkansa

*“But people need to remember that to balance the federal budget off the backs of the poorest people in the country is simply unacceptable. You don’t pull feeding tubes from people. You don’t pull the wheelchair out from under the child with muscular dystrophy.” *Gov. Mike Huckelby
But the Democrat party helps flush em down the sink at a rate of 4,000 a day. Nice way they have to eliminate poverty -kill the poor-works wonders.
 
This is the craziest bunch of dung I have ever heard.

I had to call one my closest friends who is african-american, whom I have known since 3rd grade and are god-fathers to each our children what you have written. He can not stop laughing and the craziness you have posted.

Show me proof that the Democrats intention for funding education, funding for job training, welfare, universal healthcare and fighting for increase in minimum wage is to keep African Americans down.

Only thing you have in agreement from me is that it is a bit hypocritical to fight for what Democrats fight for but yet support abortion. But again I do not see Republicans doing much other than giving lip service to the Christians to get their votes.
 
I think it is harder to reconcile the Democrats and Catholic views in todays times than it used to be. Back in the day both parties still had a level of morality that was common ground with differences over taxes, defense spending, etc. Now the gap is widening and to watch the democrat party heading down the road they are on is sad. Having only one party in constant power is not healthy either because it does breed corruption. With that being said, I can see why the trend for more people becoming independents is becoming clearer.
I decided to be an independent-moderate since I first voted and haven’t regretted it.

It’s the extremists in both parties have the ball and are running with it…to the dismay of those who want to work for a living, raise their kids and have a decent retirement. Each extremist view in the party thinks they have the solution to all that ails America.

The extreme on the left says we don’t need religion, the extreme on the right wants a the country run by religion. Soddom-Gomorah was burned to the ground…and the last time religion was intrenched in politics people were burned at the stake.

The gap will continue to divide as long as each side continues to argue.
 
That is such a lie. It is pathetic you would use such rhetoric. Ii really feel sorry for you. You know that is not true. What party has done more for poverty than Democrats. while the Democrats secure a clean environment and economic justice Republicans get in power and cut it out for the sake of big business and the wealthy elite. All you have to do is see the actions taken in congress to prove that.
You seem like an intelligent individual you have been able to back up your position even though I disagree with you…but now you can’t back that position. I am surprised you have to stoop to calling me a liar and pathetic because you have run out of ammo. You feel sorry for me…WHY? I backed up what I said with evidence you haven’t justified your position…how is what I said a lie? It is a historical truth!

Why are there so many people on the welfare today if it’s working? The current program should be abolished because it fosters dependency, it should not be expanded…it should be changed to offer more effective help. People are not poor due to their own irresponsibility but as a result of social injustice instituted by the very people the poor think are helping them!

Just stop and think about what I am saying for a minute and forget the left wing rhetoric for just a moment. Is what I am suggesting that unimaginable…that the Dixiecrats found away around segregation? Are minorities any better off since FDR…I say not! I say judge them by their fruits…high poverty rate, high abortion rate, high drug rate, 78% of African Americans born out wedlock etc…what are the Democrats doing for the poor?

Did you now that despite their reputation as caring, political liberals give less of their income to charitable causes than conservatives. People who mistrust big government (Republicans) give more of their money and time as volunteers to take care of the poor themselves. Religion trumps politics, when it comes to donor motivation. The faith factor leads 91 percent of religious conservatives to contribute to charity, and nearly as high a percentage of religious liberals do so. The only problem is a vast majority of liberals are not religious. Conservative households donate 30 percent more money to charity than liberal households, and they are more likely to volunteer as well. Why the difference? Liberals view government redistribution as a form of charity, which they believe exonerates them from further giving. But it clearly is not the same thing. Charity is voluntary and taxation is not. Liberals can be shamed into giving, however. Presidential candidate Al Gore was embarrassed by the release of his tax return that indicated he had given a meager 0.2 percent of his income to charity. His giving jumped to 6.8 percent the following year.

Check out…
prt.timberlakepublishing.com/printarticle.asp?article=1423
 
This is the craziest bunch of dung I have ever heard.

I had to call one my closest friends who is african-american, whom I have known since 3rd grade and are god-fathers to each our children what you have written. He can not stop laughing and the craziness you have posted.

Show me proof that the Democrats intention for funding education, funding for job training, welfare, universal healthcare and fighting for increase in minimum wage is to keep African Americans down.

Only thing you have in agreement from me is that it is a bit hypocritical to fight for what Democrats fight for but yet support abortion. But again I do not see Republicans doing much other than giving lip service to the Christians to get their votes.
Let’s do this again josephdavid…I am adding another book you should look at. BTW they are both African American authors…you should forward them to your friend your party oppresses 😃

**Uncle Sam’s Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America’s Poor and What We Can Do About It **
amazon.com/Uncle-Sams-Plantation-Government-Enslaves/dp/0785262199

**It’s OK to Leave the Plantation : The New Underground Railroad **
amazon.com/Its-OK-Leave-Plantation-Underground/dp/0965521818
 
This is the craziest bunch of dung I have ever heard.

I had to call one my closest friends who is african-american, whom I have known since 3rd grade and are god-fathers to each our children what you have written. He can not stop laughing and the craziness you have posted.

Show me proof that the Democrats intention for funding education, funding for job training, welfare, universal healthcare and fighting for increase in minimum wage is to keep African Americans down.

Only thing you have in agreement from me is that it is a bit hypocritical to fight for what Democrats fight for but yet support abortion. But again I do not see Republicans doing much other than giving lip service to the Christians to get their votes.
Well for staters they abet killing 25% of of them befroe they draw their first breath. now tell me how that is good for Blacks?

Democrat policies have been a disaster for blacks. They have destroyed the black family and take great pains to make sure Blacks can not escape the substandard education sytem they have forced on them. Thet have to keep the ones they dont manage to kill poor and stupid-otherwise they wont vote Democrat.
 
I decided to be an independent-moderate since I first voted and haven’t regretted it.

It’s the extremists in both parties have the ball and are running with it…to the dismay of those who want to work for a living, raise their kids and have a decent retirement. Each extremist view in the party thinks they have the solution to all that ails America.

The extreme on the left says we don’t need religion, the extreme on the right wants a the country run by religion. Soddom-Gomorah was burned to the ground…and the last time religion was intrenched in politics people were burned at the stake.

The gap will continue to divide as long as each side continues to argue.
You nailed it on the head! 👍

But if I had to choose one extremism over another and had no choice - I’d go with a society that doesnt allow for religion of any kind in public before I’d deal with a theocracy and burnings at the stake.
 
Where is a Christian to go with regard to participating in the electoral process in our country? The Democrats have caved into the interests of the kooky fringes, and the Republicans have continuously disapointed us in thier luke warm support of our precious values. Third party? Im not sure. All they do is draw votes away from either party and only play a nomitive role at elections time. What is one to do???

Politics stinks. I feel sometimes the only answer is to join a monastery and let all the troubles of the world just go to Hell.
 
Just an FYI…the whole agenda of the Democratic party is to create big government and to have everyone dependent upon that government…you are right in one respect…the Democrats have done way more for poverty…they have done way more than anybody to ensure a greater number of people live in poverty and are dependent upon welfare.
That is such a lie. It is pathetic you would use such rhetoric. Ii really feel sorry for you. You know that is not true. What party has done more for poverty than Democrats. while the Democrats secure a clean environment and economic justice Republicans get in power and cut it out for the sake of big business and the wealthy elite. All you have to do is see the actions taken in congress to prove that.

While Democrats support building up education Republicans have cut it.

However I agree with you that the majority with in the Democratic party have been hijacked by the sickos who support unabated abortion but that is changing and I am showing that in the websites and articles I have posted. You just to ignore them for your own agenda.

Also I have read the blackgeneocide website and that makes me only more pro-life from womb to tomb. I absolutely despite Planned Parenthood and I believe they have just as evil intentions as big business. Make profits off the backs of the poor regardless of who they hurt only as long as they line their own products.

To be honest if we can have some one like McCain of Guilliani it would be great and I would vote for them with out blinking. However they are for abortion too just like our President.
 
You nailed it on the head! 👍

But if I had to choose one extremism over another and had no choice - I’d go with a society that doesnt allow for religion of any kind in public before I’d deal with a theocracy and burnings at the stake.
There has not been a theocracy in the history of the world that has caused as much carnage as the “enlightened” secularists who control the Democrat party I am always amazed by those who whine about the danger of mythical religious fanatics, all the while standing in the sea of blood bought about by the people they put in office.
 
Bob,
I will not even comment on your segregation views. Honestly although not shocked entirely I am shocked that on a Catholic website we see Catholics supporting segregation and such like that.

I know my history and remember before 1964 where blacks were discouraged from voting (by force), their schools were literally decrepit and lack of books. I remember the racists encounters my own family has endured over the past 80 years starting with my grandfather then my mother and then myself all because our last name is Sanchez.

Wether racists views by whites or blacks it can not be tollerated in this country. PERIOD. It especially goes against all Catholic Social values.
 
Bob,
I will not even comment on your segregation views. Honestly although not shocked entirely I am shocked that on a Catholic website we see Catholics supporting segregation and such like that.

I know my history and remember before 1964 where blacks were discouraged from voting (by force), their schools were literally decrepit and lack of books. I remember the racists encounters my own family has endured over the past 80 years starting with my grandfather then my mother and then myself all because our last name is Sanchez.

Wether racists views by whites or blacks it can not be tollerated in this country. PERIOD. It especially goes against all Catholic Social values.
Typical liberal Response. When confronted with the evil they promote their only response is to call their opponents Racists. Well in spite of your attempt to change the subject(which you do quite a lot of, BTW,) lets get back to the point at hand:

The Democrat party has done more harm to Blacks than all the racist oragnizations put together. Their policies have destroyed the black family and sentenced black children to an poor education. The Democrat party ressit ann efforts to let Blacks opt their chidren out of the horrendous public education system. Minimum wages pushed by Democrats have resulted in over 2/3s of Black Teens being unemployed. Unions and prevailing wage rules have resulted in Black unemployment being twice that of others.

But worst of all The Democrat Party’s policies have resulted in the killing of 25% of all Blacks in the last 30 years. . Dare we say “genocide”

I am sure, since it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to defend these policies, you will call me some more names.
 
Another Pro-life Democrat running for Congress:

haroldfordjr.com
Ford supported the democrat Caucus while he was in the House, A Caucus that, if in power, will do everything that it can to make abortion more readily availabe than it is now and make us pay for them to boot. If Ford’s election brings about a Democrat senate the chances of getting a pro-life SC Justice confirmed is zero. Millions and millions would die if this allegedly "pro-life man was elected.

If not for the blood of 40 million children it would be humorous to watch your desperate attempts to try and paint the Democrat party as in any way supportive of Life issues.
 
Typical liberal Response. When confronted with the evil they promote their only response is to call their opponents Racists. Well in spite of your attempt to change the subject(which you do quite a lot of, BTW,) lets get back to the point at hand:

The Democrat party has done more harm to Blacks than all the racist oragnizations put together. Their policies have destroyed the black family and sentenced black children to an poor education. The Democrat party ressit ann efforts to let Blacks opt their chidren out of the horrendous public education system. Minimum wages pushed by Democrats have resulted in over 2/3s of Black Teens being unemployed. Unions and prevailing wage rules have resulted in Black unemployment being twice that of others.

But worst of all The Democrat Party’s policies have resulted in the killing of 25% of all Blacks in the last 30 years. . Dare we say “genocide”

I am sure, since it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to defend these policies, you will call me some more names.
Sorry if the term racist hurts your feelings but can not help feeling what you said is racist.

Some questions for you:
  1. Can you show me data which raising the minimum wage in 97 directly affected african-americans by increasing their unemployment?
    2)Did you know why Democrats voted against school vouchers? However do you know in Chicago and other large urban areas there are more students viable for tranferring than there are schools?
  2. Can you show me hard data showing unions causing high-unemployment for African-Americans? Maybe I will call the Chicago ORTC then can help me with that.
I will give Planned Parenthood one because we both agree they were founded on racist principals. Most African-Americans will agree to that.
 
Sorry if the term racist hurts your feelings but can not help feeling what you said is racist.
Didn’t hurt my feelings at all. i am used to being called names by Those who are ashamed of the evil policies they support.
I will give Planned Parenthood one because we both agree they were founded on racist principals. Most African-Americans will agree to that.
Yet you support them with your votes. How sad.

Saying the Democrats support school choice shows a profound ignorance of the party you support. As far as the minimum wage hurting Black teens-of course it does. You do know, BTW, that the “prevailing wage” laws the Democrats and their Union bosses impose on the big cities were designed specifically to keep Blacks out of the labor force? Most recently they were imposed in New Orleans to keep Hispanics from helping in the reconstruction of New Orleans… Do a goggle search-you would be surprised what you would find . Of course being you rationalize killing of millions of children I doubt it will have much of an impact on you.

I am waiting for you to tell me how killing 25% of infant Black children a year is “helping” Blacks. Quite a “compassionate” party you belong to.
 
Here are some issues of civil rights and Bob being your in Texas you can perhaps tell me how your Republican friends voted:

Bill Number: S 625 Hate Crimes Bill
1991 Civil Rights Act
1990 Disabilities Act
1988 Civil Rights Restoration Act
 
Here are some issues of civil rights and Bob being your in Texas you can perhaps tell me how your Republican friends voted:

Bill Number: S 625 Hate Crimes Bill
1991 Civil Rights Act
1990 Disabilities Act
1988 Civil Rights Restoration Act
How do these laws protest the 1.2 million children a year scarificed by your Democrat friends.

BTW-My Representatives voted for all of these but the first one which was a bill giving special treatment under the law to minorities and homosexuals. i though you were FOR equal treatment under the law?
 
But what I was really asking is if the social programs work. Do they help you or make a person dependent on them? I know it really helps some people when they fall on hard times but when a person is living on social programs for a long period of time-to me-than something is not working.
In my experience, yes. I was on WIC, and that program helped me feed my children when my husband lost his job. Unemployment benefits have been helping us too. I am not in college, bettering myself, but social programs truly helped us.

Some people don’t have the opportunity to better themselves, though, as they are too busy working 2 or 3 full time minimum wage jobs so that their kids can eat. I have no qualms about helping them if they still can’t earn enough to have proper health care and adequate clothing, shelter, and food.
 
For instance, there is Catholic, Jim Ryan, a Republican, who is running for governor of Illinois. He is a good man and adheres to the Doctrine of the Catholic Church. He believes God, when He says, “Thou Shalt Not Kill.”
Just to clarify, because I don’t know of the man…Since he believes God when he says “Thou Shalt Not Kill”, that means he is publicly against war and the dealth penalty, correct? If so, then he would be a wonderful, moral politician, and I wish there were more like him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top