Catholic Audio Bible

• Thread starter Thread starter scarva5089
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scarva5089

Does anyone know where I can find a inexpensive
catholic audio bible. Perfably on CDs or in MP3 format.
How about a place to download it???

I’m mainly looking for the seven deuterocannonical books.

Scarva, I’ve not seen an O.T. audio of a Catholic Bible done yet. I have the N.T. of the NAB on CD. They were working on the O.T. when I bought it, but don’t know if it’s been completed yet. I doubt there’s anything online that you could download, not Catholic anyway.

If you find anything, let me know. I’ve been listening to the Psalms from the KJV version online which you can dowload for free.

God bless you

40.png
MIDGIE:
Scarva, I’ve not seen an O.T. audio of a Catholic Bible done yet. I have the N.T. of the NAB on CD. They were working on the O.T. when I bought it, but don’t know if it’s been completed yet. I doubt there’s anything online that you could download, not Catholic anyway.
And the million dollar question is…where did you get the CD or makes it? 🙂

40.png
Ric:
Ric, I believe those are all Protestant Bibles which do not contain the seven deuterocannonical books that Scarva was looking for.

Scarva, I checked around and didn’t find a Catholic O.T. in CD format. They do have it on tape cassettes though at the site I listed right below for $79.99…
40.png
ktm:
And the million dollar question is…where did you get the CD or makes it? 🙂
You can find the audio CDs for the Catholic N.T. - NAB version of the Bible here for $49.99.

God bless

Tan Books has put a couple of their books on MP3. I e-mailed 'em and asked if they could put an entire Catholic Bible on MP3 for under $40 (you can find on Amazon or Ebay or Google a “few” versions of the entire Catholic Bible on cassette). They said that it’s in the offing, and that they’d do the Douay R. version. I don’t care for the NAB, it’s too fast & loose in some places, like called the Latin “panibus” “bread” in the story of the Prodigal Son “food”. Could Christ have been talking about the Bread of Life here? Hmmmmm

Scarva, I have the NAB on CD’s and it is great. I have had a lot of trouble finding the NAB OT on CD. 😦

A Protestant friend of mine who enjoyed listening to my NAB CD’s went out and got ahold of a Prot version of the OT and NT together on CD, I believe he has the NIV version. It was around $100. The interesting thing about this is that his version was slightly dramatized. That is, while mine was one narrator reading the entire NAB NT text, his was of multiple voices, one for each character, and had some music in the background. I didn’t think I would like that, but it kind of grew on me.

I mention this only to let you know there are subtle differences in audio versions out there, besides the version of text. Make sure you pay close attention when you order.

God Bless,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back