Catholic Bible Concordance

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeanneH
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeanneH

Guest
Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right place for this.

Some one recommended the Catholic Bible Concordance RSV CE and I purchased it.
In using it, I found that some of the C words were missing. I called Emmaus Road and was told they knew of the situation and were printing corrected books. The new books would be ready in the spring. They took my information and said they would send one out when they were printed. This has been going on since 1/21/10

I wonder if I purchased a new book if I would get the corrected one and if so why hasn’t my replacement been sent out? Is it because I bought it from Amazon?

Has any one else had this problem?

Any comments?

Thanks
Jeanne
 
I thought they were pasting in the missing pages in most of the copies. Did they not offer to send you the missing pages so you could paste them in yourself?

As I understand it, they are waiting until their second printing to solve this problem – but that of course depends on the book actually going into a second printing.
 
I thought they were pasting in the missing pages in most of the copies. Did they not offer to send you the missing pages so you could paste them in yourself?

As I understand it, they are waiting until their second printing to solve this problem – but that of course depends on the book actually going into a second printing.
Yes they offered to send me the missing pages but they also said that a complete book would be ready in the spring. I might have to call them up and get the missing pages. The book was not cheap and I really wouldn’t want to settle for pasted in pages.

Jeanne
 
They sent me the missing pages in a booklet and then asked if I wanted a repaired copy now, or wait until spring for a brand new copy. I took the repaired copy and have had it for a while, I gave the original copy with the booklet to my brother and he was very happy.
The repaired copy is not bad, I just hate to wait 6 months for anything.
 
Are you familiary with Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance (of the King James Bible)?

Is this RSV-2CE concordance “exhaustive” i.e. of all the words in the Bible?

does it have Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, like Strong’s?

the obvious related questions are: how much did it cost?

Do you think a concordance is better for looking up words than an electronic version of the Bible which does word searches in seconds? It seems that there would have to be a very compelling reason(s) for 1) publishing a concordance and 2) buying a concordance.

What is your reason?
 
Are you familiary with Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance (of the King James Bible)?

Is this RSV-2CE concordance “exhaustive” i.e. of all the words in the Bible?

does it have Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, like Strong’s?

the obvious related questions are: how much did it cost?

Do you think a concordance is better for looking up words than an electronic version of the Bible which does word searches in seconds? It seems that there would have to be a very compelling reason(s) for 1) publishing a concordance and 2) buying a concordance.

What is your reason?
This is not an analytic concordance – if you desire interaction with the Hebrew and Greek, you’d be better off with an analytic concordance or Bible software.

It is supposed to be a comprehensive concordance (except for super-common words such as “a” and “the”). It is 2000 pages long, for example.

It does contain a list of changes from the RSV-CE and the RSV-2CE (which is perhaps the most interesting aspect of the concordance).

While a number of Bible programs (with powerful search features) that contain the revised 1977 (expanded) RSV edition, I’m not aware of any that have the RSV-CE or the RSV-2CE. So this does fill an otherwise unfilled gap. (I should say here that the differences between the 1977 RSV and RSV-CE, other than extra Orthodox books in the 1977 RSV, are relatively minimal – and Bible software using the 1977 RSV is almost certainly good enough for most people.)

Is it worth it? Perhaps, if you want the list of differences between the RSV-CE and RSV-2CE. Other than that, I think that if you have an existing Bible software, or have a complete RSV or NRSV concordance (including the deuterocanonicals), I don’t think it is worth it.

But form your own opinion.
 
I use it all the time, it is very complete, as mentioned before it is 2173 pages. If you use the RSV-CE/2CE as your main translation then it is well worth it.
 
Hi All

For all those interested, I just spoke with Emmaus Road pub. and was informed that the new concordances should be ready in several weeks and those of us who are on the list to receive new books should get them soon. (one could hope) Meanwhile, I did ask to get the missing pages sent to me.

Jeanne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top